Notices

Thread: More power from my zx636

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: More power from my zx636 
    Diamond Member
    Speak to our resident tuning Guru before spending money on a dynojet

Some say, he eats concrete for breakfast.... and that that his nipples can pierce titanium...

All we know is - he's called Jaydee!

2. Re: More power from my zx636 
    Quote Originally Posted by Squashed_Fly
    Speak to our resident tuning Guru before spending money on a dynojet

Some say, he eats concrete for breakfast.... and that that his nipples can pierce titanium...

All we know is - he's called Jaydee!
    lmao

3. Re: More power from my zx636 
    Platinum Member

Nope, no contradictory statements - just a question.

Don't the insurance companies & police pay people to find out that kind out information? Or do they just look at it and say 'I don't know what caused it, here have a payout?'

As I said, you may never get found out for doing it. But is it a risk worth taking? only you can decide that, it's your bike not mine
    So what happens then if you buy a used bike, and like many people on here have very little mechanical knowledge and dont bother to check how many teeth are on the front and rear sprockets compaired to the manufactures spec. But the previous owner has changed the sprocket but not told you, as far as they are concerned its still manufactures spec, what happens then???

4. Re: More power from my zx636 
    Diamond Member
    You would still be fined. It's your responsibility to make sure your bike is legal and roadworthy - no-one elses. Ignorance is no excuse.

In all honesty, the likelyhood of it ever happening is very slim, but if you do know about it, and it doesn't affect your premium, then for the sake of a quick phone call surely safe is better than sorry?

Don't know why everyone seems to be labouring the point...

If the part in question could not be attributed to an accident in any way, then no bother. But we all know what sticklers insurance companies are for the 'fine detail'

5. Re: More power from my zx636 
    Don't know why everyone seems to be labouring the point...
    That's you, that is..... : : :
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

6. Re: More power from my zx636 
    Thanks again for the tips . Learnt a little more about insurance than my bike lol but ay , any knowledge helps

7. Re: More power from my zx636 
    Quote Originally Posted by baxter
    Hello I was looking to change my bike to a 1000 but can't insure one . Just wondering how I can get a little more power from my bike . I have been told to try a power commander ,any views?
    Without wanting to sound condisending, you're probably not riding it right. Having raced against 600's, there's not many I could honestly say needed more power. Ridden in the right manner, any 600 can stick with a thou coming out of corners. Next time you come out of a corner wanting more grunt, make a mental note to do the same corner in a lower gear, with higher revs. You'll be amazed at what a stock bike can do.
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

8. Re: More power from my zx636 
    Your probably right about that will give it ago . If I can't seem to do I will give you a call and book a day with you if that's ok

9. Re: More power from my zx636 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    [quote author=baxter link=1313310780/0#0 date=1313310780]Hello I was looking to change my bike to a 1000 but can't insure one . Just wondering how I can get a little more power from my bike . I have been told to try a power commander ,any views?
    Without wanting to sound condisending, you're probably not riding it right. Having raced against 600's, there's not many I could honestly say needed more power. Ridden in the right manner, any 600 can stick with a thou coming out of corners. Next time you come out of a corner wanting more grunt, make a mental note to do the same corner in a lower gear, with higher revs. You'll be amazed at what a stock bike can do. [/quote]

+1 on this... for a few years I had a CBR400RR - it had the top end & speed to keep up with many a big bike, plus the cornering ability to stuff most bikes up the inside.

Add to this the satisfaction of being able to wring its neck & not actually be going that fast (try that on a litre-bike & you'll be doing 150-plus, a definate licence-shredder...) & also being light enough for traffic-work & winter rides (litre bikes will not only be more powerful, but also heavier!) and you are onto a winner.

If you are sure you have 100% mastered your 636, then step up and get something bigger, in the meantime - it may be better the devil you know...

Besides - nothing hurts more than being outridden by somebody on a smaller bike.

10. Re: More power from my zx636 
    Have never struggled to keep up on the Sv and to be honest I can't rise that as fast as it can go or would want to on the road.

As 470 says, better the devil you know and give the litre bows hell!!!
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"