Notices

Thread: More power from my zx636

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. More power from my zx636 
    Hello I was looking to change my bike to a 1000 but can't insure one . Just wondering how I can get a little more power from my bike . I have been told to try a power commander ,any views?

2. Re: More power from my zx636 
    have you done the basics? different exhausts can improve power....my scorpion improved my mid range power notacibly.

if your loooking for more accleration then play with the gearing....or do u want more top end?

3. Re: More power from my zx636 
    All I got is a scorpion end can . I want a bit more pull coming out of corners

4. Re: More power from my zx636 
    Diamond Member
    Drop a tooth on the front sprocket

5. Re: More power from my zx636 
    what the man said

6. Re: More power from my zx636 
    I will give it ago . Any views on a power commander

7. Re: More power from my zx636 
    Platinum Member
    +1 on dropping your gearing... you will need new chain & sprockets for this (maybe just the one sprocket if your chain is near new?)

150mph is TROUBLE on a public road anyway - a tooth off the front, or preferably - three teeth off the back sprocket.

A smaller front sprocket will give the chain a hard time going from big back sprocket to smaller front sprocket - more wear + possible problems with the chain wear blocks on the swingarm... three off the back will give you approx the same gearing change plus a smaller and lighter rear sprocket = quicker acceleration & less sprung inertia.

Effectively free speed for real world traffic & road conditions??

Faster overtaking, quicker acceleration etc for only a very small loss in top speed & where are you going to use all that anyways?

Easiest way to make your bike go a LOT faster is - to buy a bigger bike... You already have a new end can which will drop a few kg and make the bike sound faster best to wait & save a few pennies for the sake of an extra 2bhp.

8. Re: More power from my zx636 
    1 tooth OFF the front is like going UP just under 3 teeth on the back. down on the front or up on the rear helps acceleration. drop one off the front and you'll notice a HUGE difference and shouldn't need a new chain unless its old.
    470four your getting mixed up. larger on the back helps acceleration or a smaller front sprocket. smaller rear or larger front aids top end but sacrifices acceleration

9. Re: More power from my zx636 
    Banned
    Power commander is good if you need to fix your fuelling but if it's running right all over beforehand could just help loose a 5k dip from emissions

10. Re: More power from my zx636 
    Thanks for the help will give it a try then get back to you .