Notices

Thread: More power from my zx636

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Re: More power from my zx636 
    Not sure which model of 636 (A, B or C) you have - but it's an absolutely storming engine as standard.

I sold mine (C6F) and bought a 955 Speed Triple so that I'd ride more slowly - if yours is running right and there's nothing wrong with the engine then IMO there really is no need for any more power on the road; if you can use all the power the bike has you're probably riding too fast

But if you want a bit more drive out of the corners - then as plenty have said dropping the gearing is the way to go. As standard the C model 636s are geared to indicate 186+ so you can afford to drop the gearing 10% and still have an almost unusable top speed.

2. Re: More power from my zx636 
    I have the c model going to drop a tooth and give it ago .

3. Re: More power from my zx636 
    Quote Originally Posted by baxter
    Your probably right about that will give it ago . If I can't seem to do I will give you a call and book a day with you if that's ok
    Of course mate. But to be honest, the best place to get your riding sorted is on a race track. It was from racing that I learnt to hold the bike in lower gears. If the engine is not on the boil, you'll get left for dead on the way out of corners. Most tracks you won't get much higher than fourth gear on standard gearing. If you are, you're going slow... [smiley=happy.gif]
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

4. Re: More power from my zx636 
    If it's a C and it's running right you should have no issues with it feeling slow on the road.

I only ever did one top speed run on mine, that was on a runway, clocked the speedo at 186, on the redline in top.

If you drop the gearing 15% you can still have it geared to indicate 160, but you'll definitely feel the increased acceleration. But like Able says - if you're not in the right gear at the time you'll never get the best drive out of the corners.

5. Re: More power from my zx636 
    oddly enouhj saying about gearing

more to the point being in correct gear at correct time, i was out and about other day and there is a sweeping left hander that connects to the A303, now ive done this corner countless times and always in 3rd.

this day i decided for some unknown reason to drop it to 2nd.........took the corner much faster and what seemed smoother. so all this time i was in 3rd i should have been in 2nd. it gave me alot more grunt out of the corner and onto the straight goes to show u learn everyday

6. Re: More power from my zx636 
    Diamond Member
    how about making sure the bike is running correctly at the moment, before you start spending on tuning.?.
    a dyno run/printout on its own (with a fuelling ratio curve) will tell you whats going on and if anything is amiss BEFORE you spend loads of money on a jetkit/power commander.
    give the bike a full service, new filter/plugs/slippery low friction bike specific oil, check the valve clearances and THEN start tuning...

happy to discuss any tuning at anytime :-)

just ask Ryan how quick my gsxr thou K1 is...... ;-)