Notices

Thread: Swindon - Help Offered - Next two weeks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Swindon - Help Offered - Next two weeks 
    Hi Folks,

I'm on leave for the next couple of weeks (waiting to find out if I'm being made redundant) so have a bit of spare time on my hands.

Rather than sit around in my pants all day, watching poor quality daytime TV I thought it might be a bit better to do something productive.

I've got a little workshop setup in my garage in Swindon (Windsor Gate- Near Priory Vale, Opposite big Asda Walmart)

So what I'm saying is... If you are having niggles with your bike, or you want to do a bit of work on it (servicing brakes, fitting pads, oil change, tracking down problems, all sorts really) then give me a shout. To be honest I'm looking for something to take my mind off the redundancy thing, since there's nothing I can do about it until Sep 1st when I hear the results.

If there's anyone who is at all new to biking and just wants to go through "daily checks and routine jobs" like adjusting chain and the like then I'm more than happy to do that too.

2. Re: Swindon - Help Offered - Next two weeks 
    Diamond Member
    Dex - Loose Women & Jeremy Kyle are the way forwards! ;D

Come to think of it, most of the women on JK are Loose Women!

3. Re: Swindon - Help Offered - Next two weeks 
    awsome offer m8 8-)

4. Re: Swindon - Help Offered - Next two weeks 
    I'm desperately hoping I don't end up watching Jeremy Kyle, or you'll find me swinging in the garage...

I guess I should also say I can pack a lot of my tools onto the bike and head out and about if need be (especially if someone has a non-runner or any other problems that stop them bringing the bike to me for us to tinker with)

If anyone needs a bit of reassurance that I've got a reasonable idea what I'm doing then Paleblue is probably the guy to talk to - as I did rather a lot of work on his bike (when it was my bike) and it's not all fallen apart just yet. I did also spend a happy weekend fault finding on his wife's bandit when it was causing issues.

5. Re: Swindon - Help Offered - Next two weeks 
    Diamond Member
    Thats a very kind offer, i imagine there will be some on here that will take you up on that..

6. Re: Swindon - Help Offered - Next two weeks 
    I'd hope so - otherwise I'll just get bored and cause trouble :-[

7. Re: Swindon - Help Offered - Next two weeks 
    Diamond Member
    like i was last week, was off work all week, so bloody bored i was tarring my hair out, off all this week to :\

8. Re: Swindon - Help Offered - Next two weeks 
    shame you only have two weeks lol, if you were to set about tinkering on my bike ud need two years!! ;D ;D ;D

9. Re: Swindon - Help Offered - Next two weeks 
    What does it need?

(SF - got your message, will drop you a text tomorrow)

10. Re: Swindon - Help Offered - Next two weeks 
    You own a bike and your bored,how and why , if i hadnt done all my odd jobs in my 16 year old gpz id been happy to let you sort it but iv done everything now but many thanks for the offer .