Notices

Thread: tyre weld

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. tyre weld 
    Anyone used this stuff before ?

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165664

Any good.?

Temp or long term fix ?

Just had puncture and used it everything seem fine atm.

thanks for feedback

will

2. Re: tyre weld 
    Platinum Member
    Depends how big the puncture was? If it was a very slow one then yeah, good for longterm, even if it does unplug it wont suddenly deflate on you? Medium to big puncture get a new tyre, never trusted ANY motorcycle tyre plug etc... not worth it.

3. Re: tyre weld 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 470four
    never trusted ANY motorcycle tyre plug etc... not worth it.
    We need more people like you so the rest of us can have cheap tyres

4. Re: tyre weld 
    Its only a get you home fix, i usually carry one under the seat just in case, there's usually a limited speed as well so be a bit careful.

5. Re: tyre weld 
    Diamond Member
    I use the Stop'n Go Tyre Plugger kits which use the mushroom type plug. Used it on now on several rear tyres for the full life of the tyre with no issues whatsoever. Would never trust it on a front though apart from as a get you home option. Another cheap alternative is to use self tappers with a bit of tyre glue on them.

6. Re: tyre weld 
    Platinum Member
    The Missus and meself have been using THIS STUFF for years, never let us down yet and saved us hours of farting around by the roadside or waiting for recovery people.
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

7. Re: tyre weld 
    I keep a bottle of Tyre weld as a get me home. Never had to use it yet (touch wood) so don't know.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

8. Re: tyre weld 
    Diamond Member
    #1. dodgiest fix ever was - cut a piece of the rear tyre off and superglued it in, pushed it in with a matchstick and inflated the tyre.....got home no probs.
    #2. most appreciated fix ever - i fixed Rynksies rear tyre on the way to poole, with a "tyre repair string" and puncture glue. got him back to mine (including an "oops i forgot" race with a fireblade ont he way home) with no worries.
    #3. normal repair - professional mushroom repair from the inside of the tyre, ive had LOADS of these, and i "RAPE" my gsxr thou, never had a problem at all...........
    using repaired tyres is a personal chice, some people do, some dont. if you have a nail holed tyre, il take it off your hands........

9. Re: tyre weld 
    Tyre weld to get you home (but the guy who changes it won't like you). Absolutely nothing wrong with a decent mushroom repair. 'Bike Treads' in Swindon would recommend it. I too, would give my repaired tyres a caning with no issues...
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

10. Re: tyre weld 
    Stop'n Go Tyre Plugger kits for me never had a problem . best £20 i ever spent [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    If it has a red line use it ....