Notices

Thread: Bike Stickers

1. Bike Stickers 
    I have an old bike that needs a respray. I intend to put it back to standard and as such need to get the stickers for it. And here in lies the problem...

Yamaha require something in the region of £600 for a full kit and thats even before I consider if I can get them, like I say an old bike. I could get a replica kit imported from America but thats going to be around £200 if I'm lucky. however there exists on eBay some suppliers of stickers around the £40 mark but no one has the exact model that I have.

So does anyone know of someone local who could produce the stickers that I'm after? I have original panels to take the templates from...

2. Re: Bike Stickers 
    Diamond Member
    I used to cut "vinyl" in a shop in Essex.
    with the "first" run of stickers all the time is in the programming/cleaning of the templates.
    subsequent runs of stickers will be cheaper as there is already a programme and all they do is cut.

If you want something that there isnt a programme for then it will be more expensive, and you might be better off getting the kit from USA.......
    is there a restoration forum for your bike? there might be someone on there that has had this problem before and has had a programme written.

if you pay for the programme to be written, ask if you can have a copy! you never know when you might need it again (and if your "cutter" has gone out of business youll have to pay again..).....

3. Re: Bike Stickers 
    Platinum Member
    What Yamaha is it?
    Pics?

4. Re: Bike Stickers 
    Diamond Member
    http://moto-sticker.com/ I used them for the GSXR, (really difficult to get hold of) and they did a fantastic job

5. Re: Bike Stickers 
    Platinum Member
    You could try This place

6. Re: Bike Stickers 
    I was given the details for a company in Bristol who cut vinyl stickers (I was asking about getting some new ones for my CBR) - apparently they have a number of bike sticker sets ready to cut or they can always look at replicating yours:

Vizual Impact, 160 Bath Road, Totterdown, Bristol, BS4 3EF
    Tel: 0117 9719441.
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

7. Re: Bike Stickers 
    The image works is a company i have used and found to be good quality at a reasonable price too

8. Re: Bike Stickers 
    Good luck to you mate! I tried putting 'stickers' on a Hayabusa at vast expense. I can only say don't even try it!! Get a body shop to do it.