Hi guys,

since I got the replacement for my SP3 , the 2nd hand ones been a bit of a pain. I sometimes find it a bugger to start after either refuelling or stopping for a short time and starting her up.

If it doesn't start first time I sometimes wheel it a little and it starts up , but more recently I had to bump start it down a hill as even on the flat it wouldn't get the momentum to start the bloody thing.

It has reset the trip clocks on a couple of occasions and I'm wondering does this sound like a buggered battery or a starter motor issue ? It doesn;t even make the sound like its trying to turn over, its almost like a half a$$ed attempt then it resets itself and refuses to budge.

I have it on charge on the optimate in the garage now and I'm due to go to Bedford on Thursday, so worried that it's going to cut out that I'm carrying jump leads with me.

Any advice from anyone who has experienced this before would be appreciated...

I am wondering if the triple engine needs more kick to start it than the old inline 4's I've ridden in the past have....

If it's something as simple as a new battery please let me know because I travel Thursday and can get it sorted tomorrow...

thanks guys

Lis'