Notices

Thread: BMW K1100 LT poor starting problem

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: BMW K1100 LT poor starting problem 
    immobiliser system installed?

2. Re: BMW K1100 LT poor starting problem 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Arthur
    this "cutting out"has been a problem for about three years now,sometimes going for a week or two and no problem then cutting out two or three times on the same trip,it would stop,wouldnt start again untill after about one minute,it would turn over but not fire up.
    but now I find that if I switch the kill switch off and back on straightaway it continues running!This I tried after seeing this same problem on another website after he had frustratingly tried everything and found in the end it was a faulty kill switch!
    Prior to this I have,bypassed sidestand kill switch,cleaned and checked all electrical connections under the tank,checked the fuel system,had the hair drier on the hall effect sensor,local BMW agents computor coudnt find anything wrong,removed Metza alarm so I am pretty sure its the hanlebar kill switch,so without the expense of replacing it I would just like to bypass it!
    Well, I guess you will have to work out the right wires then - here's a wiring diagram for a '94 RS which should be the same as yours.

http://www.skene.org/k1100/wiring/