Notices

Thread: Oil for a track bike.

1. Oil for a track bike. 
    Hi there

Should I use different oil if my bike is only used on the track? The standard oil is 10/40 so after any advice on what type of oil and what grade to buy. Thanks Don

2. Re: Oil for a track bike. 
    Don, there's a chap who posts on SWB who offers discounts on oils and other stuff, follow this link to his most recent post. I went in with a mate of mine last year to do a bulk purchase deal from the Opie chap, we got 40lt of Silkolene semi-synthetic each and it works out at £3.55/lt - it's worth changing it regularly on a trackbike as it gets a harder time than a road bike does, and having loads of it to hand makes that easier You could see if anyone else wants to go halves (or thirds etc.) on a deal with him.

You'll be fine with using 10/40, either semi or fully synthetic - as the bike's not very new, semi-synth would probably suffice.

When do you want to collect your manual? :-?
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

3. Re: Oil for a track bike. 
    Cheers Scotty, I need to collect it soon as I will be putting the bike back together over Xmas. Are you about after boxing day?

4. Re: Oil for a track bike. 
    Yes Don, I'll be around then, drop me a text when you're free to come and get it
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen