Notices

Thread: Indicator buzzers

1. Indicator buzzers 
    Banned
    I have the very bad habit of sometimes leaving my indicators on which as you know is not a good idea. So I just bought a indicator buzzer from ebay for £4 Item number: 140708059889

But looking further I found this

http://home.btconnect.com/astro-site...ght_buzzer.htm

So if you can be bothered you can make your own for £1.15

2. Re: Indicator buzzers 
    I got some on the blackbird. They do get really annoying! ;D ;D ;D
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

3. Re: Indicator buzzers 
    I used to leave my indicators on when I rode the Aprilia before my test, I fitted some buzzers and it cured me!!
    I too couldn't stand the noise they made, and also 'twas embarrassing!! ;D ;D so I switched off the indicators as soon as poss !
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

4. Re: Indicator buzzers 
    Banned
    Yea there is the embarrassment factor ;D

5. Re: Indicator buzzers 
    How much did it coast from ebay and how hard does it look to fit?.

6. Re: Indicator buzzers 
    Banned
    £4 from ebay Item number: 140708059889

3 wires
    One on each indicator side and one to earth

The problem is, as you know motorcycle indicators do not cancel themselves like cars.

THE ANSWER

Fit a 75dB audible warning buzzer, these are fitted in 10 mins, they need no drilling to fix they have double sided tape to stick to your bike, but if you would rather fix with self tapper screws you can as there are two pre drilled holes.

To fit this item could not be more simple, fix one red wire to the + side of left indicator the other red wire to the + of right one, and the black to earth, with scotch connectors or soldered and the job is done. When fitted, and your indicators flash you will hear an audible sound that can be heard above the engine noise, depending where you have mounted the buzzer. The best place to locate these is near your speedo.

7. Re: Indicator buzzers 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny
    £4 from ebay Item number: 140708059889

3 wires

The problem is, as you know motorcycle indicators do not cancel themselves like cars.

THE ANSWER

Fit a 75dB audible warning buzzer, these are fitted in 10 mins, they need no drilling to fix they have double sided tape to stick to your bike, but if you would rather fix with self tapper screws you can as there are two pre drilled holes.

To fit this item could not be more simple, fix one red wire to the + side of left indicator the other red wire to the + of right one, and the black to earth, with scotch connectors or soldered and the job is done. When fitted, and your indicators flash you will hear an audible sound that can be heard above the engine noise, depending where you have mounted the buzzer. The best place to locate these is near your speedo.
    I have self cancelling on both of my bikes as standard. They vary the time according to both distance and speed plus on one bike I can adjust the delay to be longer or shorter as a separate setting albeit via a dealers computer

8. Re: Indicator buzzers 
    Banned
    Blimey that was quick they came this morning
    Will fit them at the weekend

9. Re: Indicator buzzers 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
    [quote author=Swanny link=1329915914/5#5 date=1329992536]£4 from ebay Item number: 140708059889

3 wires

THE ANSWER

I have self cancelling on both of my bikes as standard. They vary the time according to both distance and speed plus on one bike I can adjust the delay to be longer or shorter as a separate setting albeit via a dealers computer [/quote]

Posh BMW riders : ;D ;D ;D

10. Re: Indicator buzzers 
    Or there is Blinker Buddy (I kid you not) from the states. The seat vibrates when you signal!

Got this fitted to the Valkyrie and its highly effective. The vibrations were a bit powerful so I've had to move it to the rear seat to avoid feeling like I've been rogered by the entire welsh rugby team after every ride. It really was quite alarming at first...

Strangely the wife seems keener to go out now. Very odd. I don;t get it. :-? :-?