Notices

Thread: indicators flashing!!

1. indicators flashing!! 
    hey peeps!!
    strange goings on with me K4 gixser, if i put the hazards on all four lights flash at the correct rate but if i use the turn signals normally they flash rapidly, cant remember if they did it with original bulbs, all i have done is put clear indicator lenses on and coloured bulbs which are direct replacements for the clear ones !!

any ideas

2. Re: indicators flashing!! 
    Banned
    I'd suggest the new bulbs are a different wattage, making the flasher relay load more, or less. Are the new bulbs still filament bulbs or LED?

You can get alternative flasher realys to work with wider loadings, ie LED only, or perhaps use loading resistors in the circuit to bring back to spec.

Have a look for a wattage on the old and new lamp

3. Re: indicators flashing!! 

You might be right my originals where 18w and think these might be 21w?

Will check tomorrow and if that's the case I'll search out some 18w ones think I did see some , didn't really think 3w would make a different , I guess will all four going on the hazards it shares the load ?

Thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by njl
    I'd suggest the new bulbs are a different wattage, making the flasher relay load more, or less. Are the new bulbs still filament bulbs or LED?

You can get alternative flasher realys to work with wider loadings, ie LED only, or perhaps use loading resistors in the circuit to bring back to spec.

Have a look for a wattage on the old and new lamp