Notices

Thread: Broken down, again....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Broken down, again.... 
    Have lost all power in 5th gear tonight, still engages smoothly but no pull from the engine. 2nd gear clunks when engaging but pulls like normal on roll off 2nd 'kangeroos' like repeatedly stalling. I've also noticed some oil on parts of my chain and huge vibration through the pegs on acceleration and odd burning smell.....all in all i think its f@#¥ed any ideas\help greatly appreciated but think its the end of the bike :'(
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

2. Re: Broken down, again.... 
    yikes mate thats alot of problems.

do you have any oil coming from the front sprocket area?

3. Re: Broken down, again.... 
    Quote Originally Posted by porkies
    Have lost all power in 5th gear tonight, still engages smoothly but no pull from the engine. 2nd gear clunks when engaging but pulls like normal on roll off 2nd 'kangeroos' like repeatedly stalling. I've also noticed some oil on parts of my chain and huge vibration through the pegs on acceleration and odd burning smell.....all in all i think its f@#¥ed any ideas\help greatly appreciated but think its the end of the bike :'(
    How long have you had the bike? you said you bought it from budget bikes is there any chance of taking it back?.

4. Re: Broken down, again.... 
    Had since Aug 2011 no oil leaking that i can see, am flumoxed as to what it is and am now transport less BB wouldn't have it back cause its been too long since purchased, wouldn't waste the phone call to them

5. Re: Broken down, again.... 
    hello mate give me a pm.... il send you my number and see if i can come take a look for you...its my job !

6. Re: Broken down, again.... 
    Quote Originally Posted by whizz1965
    hello mate give me a pm.... il send you my number and see if i can come take a look for you...its my job !
    Top man

7. Re: Broken down, again.... 
    Sent whizz

8. Re: Broken down, again.... 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goz1960
    [quote author=whizz1965 link=1332872818/4#4 date=1332876937]hello mate give me a pm.... il send you my number and see if i can come take a look for you...its my job !
    Top man[/quote]

+ 1

9. Re: Broken down, again.... 
    Quote Originally Posted by porkies
    Had since Aug 2011 no oil leaking that i can see, am flumoxed as to what it is and am now transport less BB wouldn't have it back cause its been too long since purchased, wouldn't waste the phone call to them
    Gave me a turn there when I was scanning this thread Good luck with sorting the bike and hope you are on the road again soon.

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

10. Re: Broken down, again.... 
    Dan hopefully you can get it fixed at a reasonable cost, then if I was you I would consider cutting your losses and making a change. Just of late you seem to be having nothing but trouble with it?.