Notices

Thread: what to do..33bhp

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1. Re: what to do..33bhp 
    Meh, tbh they're both good choices with proven track records for newbies like us!

I guess it's just style preference, I really like the old-school look of the GS! (sexy or not ;D)

Regarding the restriction thing, the owner of the bike might be kind and ride it to your house for you if it's not too far away?

2. Re: what to do..33bhp 
    i'd pretty much decided on the GS500...then I saw this...
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2906961740...#ht_500wt_1372

and then.. this..
    http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-m...50-s/100048051
    Aggghh!
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

3. Re: what to do..33bhp 
    I'd go with the SV. It is a great bike and should you enjoy it that much most of the performance kit from the thou' fit very nicely onto it.
    The GS is great for a first big bike, I had one for 3 years but was always frustrated by the lack of extra kit. Huggers were rare and were a crazy price when I had mine.
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

4. Re: what to do..33bhp 
    Hmm that red SV's really nice!

5. Re: what to do..33bhp 
    Quote Originally Posted by lolliver
    Hmm that red SV's really nice!
    It's sold :'(
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

6. Re: what to do..33bhp 
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie
    [quote author=lolliver link=1334057460/53#53 date=1334735856]Hmm that red SV's really nice!
    It's sold :'(
    [/quote]

=( Sorry to hear. What about the blue one?

7. Re: what to do..33bhp 
    The blue one is still there, course starts Sunday so I'm gonna hang on til I pass. Still looking though, Budget Bikes in Swindon have a couple too

8. Re: what to do..33bhp 
    Been riding my restricted 650 Bandit for 6 months after doing the restricted test on a 125cc. Now my boyfriend has got the bug and is doing the full test and he's getting a unrestricted bike. So now even though I've been plugging away for years riding 125cc bikes Im gonna be following him cos I wont have the power! Now I have to wait 18months before I can take the damn restricter off(legally). Oh why didnt I do the test on the 500cc...

9. Re: what to do..33bhp 
    I did my DAS test on a CB500 then bought a 600 Bandit - I found the Bandit heavy in comparison even after having it lowered and I struggled a bit with it. Now I am on a lighter Triumph which has made a very big difference. So I would consider the weight of the bike as really important as well as all the other great tips you have been given.

Also......I wonder why the training on a bigger bike is so much more expensive - the test fees are the same. I would have thought most trainers have overall bike policies so insurance, or petrol would not be so much more??

Good luck with the search

10. Re: what to do..33bhp 
    I did my test in November, and am riding a cagiva canyon 500, 33bhp as standard, Challenging to find replacemt parts.
    Good luck.