Notices

Thread: what to do..33bhp

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Re: what to do..33bhp 
    Hyosung Gt250 looks a good bike. Theres one that goes around trowbridge and he don't hang about on it.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

2. Re: what to do..33bhp 
    Hi Goldie,

I did the restricted access course and currently ride a restricted GS500. Can't fault it at all to be honest, the bike handles the restriction well and can still get up to speed quite quickly when necessary.

I've found it to be the perfect transition between the little YBR125 that I learned on, and whatever bigger bike I go for next.

For what it's worth, I only went for a restricted bike because at the time I couldn't find any 250s that were within my price range/weren't knackered, but I definitely don't regret my decision.

Hope that helps!

3. Re: what to do..33bhp 
    Quote Originally Posted by lolliver
    Hi Goldie,

I did the restricted access course and currently ride a restricted GS500. Can't fault it at all to be honest, the bike handles the restriction well and can still get up to speed quite quickly when necessary.

I've found it to be the perfect transition between the little YBR125 that I learned on, and whatever bigger bike I go for next.

For what it's worth, I only went for a restricted bike because at the time I couldn't find any 250s that were within my price range/weren't knackered, but I definitely don't regret my decision.

Hope that helps!
    cheers, olli, it certainly does!
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

4. Re: what to do..33bhp 
    I looked at some 250cc bikes when I was buying. but being tall I had the opposite requirements to you Goldie - I wanted something with a bit of bulk on it!

Because of what I wanted, I found I didn't have as much choice in 250s as I did in 500/600s, so I was going to have to pay more to get equivalent condition to what I could get as a bigger bike. A Ninja 250 was going to be £900 a year to insure My CBR has cost me under £200.

Come along to the H&C one sunny evening and have a sit on bikes - everyone is very obliging and normally happy to let you if you ask! I must have sat on most of the bikes that turn up when I was deciding ;D
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

5. Re: what to do..33bhp 
    Hi Goldie

Just been in the same situation as you after passing my test on a honda cbf125.................I opted for the sv650s after sitting on a fair few bikes. I'm vertically challenged too (5ft 2&quot so found it ideal for both height, weight, cost & insurance.

I found most dealers really helpful & in fact the one I purchased is second hand & the dealer threw in the 33bhp ecu restrictor in for FREE!

Hope this helps.

Very best of luck for your test.

6. Re: what to do..33bhp 
    I would also recommend the CB500, my lad has one that we restricted and de-restricted ourselves easily enough and he had plenty of poke while restricted.

7. Re: what to do..33bhp 
    I'm not sure what they have in stock at the moment but the blade trade centre in Swindon have a wide variety of bikes which you could go and look at and sit on to see how they feel! Don't forget you can get bikes lowered as well!

8. Re: what to do..33bhp 
    cheers guys, I've been browsing online and found a few I like, I think, as suggested, it'd be a good idea to go and sit on a few! lol, I'm terrible and must refrain from buying anything til I've passed my test :
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

9. Re: what to do..33bhp 

10. Re: what to do..33bhp 
    Mmmm http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-m...gs500/99584445 is tasty! But I am slightly biased