Notices

Thread: what to do..33bhp

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
  1. Re: what to do..33bhp 
    good luck

2. Re: what to do..33bhp 
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie
    Yes, I have checked and the are both easy to lower. Anything up to 35mm
    Sounds obvious, but make sure, if you do lower it, do both ends! .. I've seen so many where they only lower the back (usually by swapping the suspension dogbones for longer ones) and leave the front - you'll end up doing strange things to the handling that way..

3. Re: what to do..33bhp 
    Good luck!!!
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

4. Re: what to do..33bhp 
    Quote Originally Posted by bobtheimp
    [quote author=Goldie link=1334057460/63#63 date=1334853314]Yes, I have checked and the are both easy to lower. Anything up to 35mm
    Sounds obvious, but make sure, if you do lower it, do both ends! .. I've seen so many where they only lower the back (usually by swapping the suspension dogbones for longer ones) and leave the front - you'll end up doing strange things to the handling that way..
    [/quote]

I'd heard of this before, can't believe people would only lower one end!
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

5. Re: what to do..33bhp 
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

6. Re: what to do..33bhp 
    I know where there's a 600cc Bandit for sale in Box - if it's still there.

£1400,and although it is a Cat D repaired, the owner has been riding for about 3 years since, and it looks straight and tidy.
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

7. Re: what to do..33bhp 
    OOoh cheers Loops, but looking for a Hornet rather than a Bandit tbh, do you know if Hornets take restriction okay? Also, I'm wondering if they can be lowered too? Any idea? My ex husband had a Hornet but I only ever rode pillion back on those days. Never bloody sat on it on my own, Doh! :

8. Re: what to do..33bhp 
    I have no idea, but my 600 CBR has coped with his restriction and I think they are very similar (if not the same) engines, just different tuning levels.

You'll be going up and down the gears more to keep in your power band, and have to face being left in the dust if anyone on an unrestricted bike decides to give theirs the beans (Mikey can take off and leave me like I'm standing still when we're out ;D). But lets face it, you're always gonne have that with only 33bhp!
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

9. Re: what to do..33bhp 
    thanks Loops, Im eagerly awaiting the arrival of my Ladystars and I'll test them out on a Hornet asap. ;D

10. Re: what to do..33bhp 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie
    thanks Loops, Im eagerly awaiting the arrival of my Ladystars and I'll test them out on a Hornet asap. ;D
    If Carlsberg made boots......