Notices

Thread: compatible engines for yzf600r thundercat frame

1. compatible engines for yzf600r thundercat frame 
    Can't find any decent thundercat engines with low miles anywhere. The yzf750r is same frame as thundercat i believe ? What engines will go straight in the frame? And maybe a silly question, will I need a different wiring loom ?

2. Re: compatible engines for yzf600r thundercat frame 
    FZR600R engines, Fazer 600 will fit, not sure about the YZF as I'm pretty sure the frames are different - the YZF, for example, is an aluminium deltabox whereas the Thundercat is a steel version - the YZF engine leans further forward than the 'cat too ..

The 600 Fazer used the same engine as the 'cat although it's slightly de-tuned ..

You should be able to use the same looms for all, although you'd be wise to match the ECU's to the engine.

3. Re: compatible engines for yzf600r thundercat frame 
    Platinum Member
    I'm sure the 600 Fazer has different engine mounting points, I could be wrong though

4. Re: compatible engines for yzf600r thundercat frame 
    Some fazers do I believe. Stressing me out... Lol trying to get all of the engine stripped today to see the damage. Seen a similar post on a 'cat on USA forums with snapped selector fork which caused gear pinion teeth to smash off! This may be my problem.

5. Re: compatible engines for yzf600r thundercat frame 
    If you do go down the replacement engine route make sure you get receipts as registering the new one with the DVLA can be a pain in the arse without the correct paper trail.

good luck with it all