I don't really think a forum is the best place to get this kind of advice because techniques need context.

If you can lose speed by closing the throttle and using the rear brake then that's best.
If you need the front brake then that's going to make the bike "stand up" and go straight on. To counteract that you could brake, lean, brake, lean. You could try both together but you'll then be pushing the limits of your traction.
That sort of thing is really best practised and ideally on a track. If the first time you do it is in an emergency and you grab a handful of front brake then it might not go so well.

As already said, going in at the right speed is the main factor.
I don't always get corners right, in fact I messed up two bends on my recent Rospa retest (which didn't affect my grade) but it wasn't so far off that I couldn't correct it without a drama.

What you need to be learning correctly is "limit point analysis" and the best place to fully explore that safely is on a track.
There are some really good days offered to do that sort of thing, like the Rider Performance days offered by Somerset Road Safety Partnership.

I know where you are coming from but personally I think it's better to concentrate on the observation/planning and going in at the right speed rather than trying to dig yourself out of a problem because you are then putting yourself at the mercy the road surface and your bike performing as you expect.