Notices

Thread: Motorway riding

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Motorway riding 
    Totally correct Goz and for cars/vans/ ice cream vans

Love the one flash signal move out manoeuvre --- superb stupidity and must be responsible for quite a few terminations :
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

2. Re: Motorway riding 
    camera.op76
    Quote Originally Posted by porkies
    i'm gonna give it a go as soon as i can work out how to fit my bike inside a Zorb ball and i'll be sorted :P
    the key is don't fear it! And embrace the boredom.

3. Re: Motorway riding 
    Platinum Member
    It doesn't have to be boring, try closing your eyes and counting and see how long you can do it for, my mate Dave got to 30 before the accident. Personally i only do it when i'm driving the HGV, i feel safer.

4. Re: Motorway riding 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    It doesn't have to be boring, try closing your eyes and counting and see how long you can do it for, my mate Dave got to 30 before the accident. Personally i only do it when i'm driving the HGV, i feel safer.
    Can't say I find it boring, just not what I want to use my bike for if at all possible. Dull yes, boring no. If you're riding at say "progressive" speeds you need to keep your wits about you so if your bored you're also not concentrating. You have to anticipate and plan ahead much further than normal and be prepared for other vehicles doing some very daft things.

5. Re: Motorway riding 
    Can't say I find motorway riding boring..... I find it relaxing and actually enjoy it at times.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

6. Re: Motorway riding 
    Banned
    Any long straight road is boring

7. Re: Motorway riding 
    Dan,
    I think you have found the best solution for riding there mate!
    No more protective gear and helmets, and no more getting wet.
    ;D
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

8. Re: Motorway riding 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    Bikers with full beam are just stupid, if i'm driving a car, the last thing i need is to be blinded by a twot on a bike. Oops sorry mate, you blinded me just before i knocked you off.
    Why is it stupid? Least you've seen me coming. If you then decide to switch lanes. You got no excuse...! SMIDSY :

9. Re: Motorway riding 
    Platinum Member
    High beam users hold a special place in my hatred along with inappropriate foglight users and middle lane crawlers. It is not safe, it doesn't help anybody and it pisses off everyone around you, it's also kind of counter productive in that you can be seen but we can't tell how far away you are. I reckon a good solicitor would beat a high beam user in court too.

10. Re: Motorway riding 
    I rode on the motorway for the first time today - only a short run down the M4 from Bristol to Chippenham. I was a little apprehensive at first but after a couple of miles I relaxed. It was easy and not scary at all. I even overtook some stuff including other bikes ;D If I can do it, anyone can - I'm the wimpiest rider ever

One thing did spring to mind though - I wish I had put some ear plugs in as riding at that constant speed for any extended period sure does give a headache from the wind noise.