Notices

Thread: Motorway riding

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Motorway riding 
    Quote Originally Posted by Morticia
    Dan, if you want me to tag along with you, I'm more than happy to. We could do West Swindon to the next junction, see how it goes. I can go behind or in front. There really is nothing to it. I'm not here tomorrow, but should be back Suunday eve.
    Thanks M need to get bike fully sorted before go anywhere near the motorway
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

2. Re: Motorway riding 
    i'd be happy to ride with you or anyone really give me a shout.
    maybe we could do a ride out for those that need a little confidence boost on motorways

3. Re: Motorway riding 
    any time you want a co pilot would be happy to assist,have done plenty motorway riding and am very confident in my own performance,just have to be more aware than usual due to possible higher speeds and the idiots who pull out without indicating...lane one tracks are for the trucks to follow so the drivers can have a sandwich/drink/text without fear of losing their way ...
    ride to work,work to live,live to ride

4. Re: Motorway riding 
    thanks for offers guys, would appreciate the help between a couple of junctions, maybe a motorway ride in a group would make us feel safe as the cars would keep clear of group of bikes?
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

5. Re: Motorway riding 
    Only been riding a year but regularly commute to Cardiff on M4 (saves £6 on the bridge!). I agree with all previous advice and would add the following: if windy, you can get sudden 'gusts' by slip roads and other exposed areas; it is very noisy so ear plugs are a must; when wet, watch out for the metal expansion plates if going over the bridge to Wales - they get slippy.

6. Re: Motorway riding 
    How about for next weeks H&C meet, we organise a motorway run for all the guys that aren't confident on the motorway. That way it is a short stint and can be quite helpful for you guys, I will be riding from Oxford to the H&C next week because of work.
    What do you think?
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

7. Re: Motorway riding 
    Is a good idea. What you thinking, going between Bath and Chippenham???
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

8. Re: Motorway riding 
    Was thinking Swindon to Chippenham, but I suppose that could be arranged too.
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

9. Re: Motorway riding 
    camera.op76
    I do a lot of motorway riding to work, mostly to central London I tend to stick to lane 3, and hammer it past the cars. I was coming back from Ascot the other week, at a very brisk pace - very brisk indeed. I noticed a bike hammering it up behind me, so I went into lane 2 and slowed a little... to my surprise it was a police biker he must have been doing 140+ and stuck his thumb up and sped off.

10. Re: Motorway riding 
    stunts unlimited, that happened to me also when I was driving a van. lol motorways just eat ya tires so take the scenic route, avoid them at all costs!