Notices

Thread: torque settings for brake calipers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: torque settings for brake calipers 
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrel_hunter
    [quote author=Advrider link=1347548725/0#0 date=1347548725]I can't get hold of a Haynes manual yet for the NC700X and it's not listen in the owners manual either
    Haynes won't do one yet, the model is far to new. As for the owners manual, I presume you mean the booklet they gave you with the bike that has no useful information in it? What you need is the Honda Workshop manual. It should be available as an orderable part but remember to take a seat before you ask for the price. [/quote]

Take a seat? I'll probably need gas & air too in that case!! ;D ;D
    '12 NC700X

2. Re: torque settings for brake calipers 
    Quote Originally Posted by porkies
    depends what garage you go to then i guess, mine get stripped/cleaned/regreased etc on the service
    Dan, it looked like they gave them a little clean up I think, from what I saw...around the piston but nothing full on
    '12 NC700X

3. Re: torque settings for brake calipers 
    Diamond Member
    I have workshop manuals for both of my bikes and they are worth every penny - much better than Haynes or Clymer. The hardbound book version cost me £100, the latest one for the GS on DVD was £50 so not cheap but you can rely on the info.

4. Re: torque settings for brake calipers 
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
    I have workshop manuals for both of my bikes and they are worth every penny - much better than Haynes or Clymer. The hardbound book version cost me £100, the latest one for the GS on DVD was £50 so not cheap but you can rely on the info.
    Thank Snowy! I don't think I'd be inclined to spend that much as I doubt I'll have this bike for much more than a year 1/2 or so... seems to be my reoccurring problem with daily life :/
    '12 NC700X

5. Re: torque settings for brake calipers 
    Platinum Member
    On my bike (gixxer) they are 23 NM (17 lb ft) - don't know what it would be for your bike though.
    (Straight from my memory & Haynes manual)

Google what you need - someone might have had the same question on another forum.
    Look at the manufacturers website (sometimes the manual might be available on-line only)

6. Re: torque settings for brake calipers 
    Tell me the bolt size and the material you are threading into and I can tell you the torque.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

7. Re: torque settings for brake calipers 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W
    Tell me the bolt size and the material you are threading into and I can tell you the torque.
    Sorry Jon!! I keep meaning to do it, I appreciate your help.

I'll do it tonight!
    '12 NC700X