Notices

Thread: Riding tip of the week.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast
  1. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    Quote Originally Posted by porkies
    If i'm ever in a situation where due to injury i can't talk then i'm grateful for the service
    Maybe, but that wasnt what was quoted - I was referring to the "if your signal is too weak"

2. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    if i need 999 and can talk then talk i will but as a secondary back up i'm not gonna knock the SMS service, i'm no fool that use's 999 everytime i misplace my car keys and if i deem that 999 is needed then i'll get hold of them any way i can.

as a side note not that its anyone's business i am hard of hearing and struggle to talk to people unless i'm facing them so i can lip read, i find talking on the phone a pain in the ass as it sounds muffled
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

3. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    just added ICE & registered with 999 too.
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

4. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    I wear an I.C.E wristband with a name and number on, as well as a piece of paper in my jacket with details just in case.

5. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    Platinum Member
    I have a crash card inside my helmet and a green (dot) sticker on the outside so the local emergency services know it's there.

6. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista
    I have a crash card inside my helmet and a green (dot) sticker on the outside so the local emergency services know it's there.
    wouldn't it be better to have the card inside your jacket incase they can't/won't remove your lid?
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

7. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    Quote Originally Posted by porkies
    [quote author=Ducatista link=1325883254/224#224 date=1348573572]I have a crash card inside my helmet and a green (dot) sticker on the outside so the local emergency services know it's there.
    wouldn't it be better to have the card inside your jacket incase they can't/won't remove your lid?[/quote]

I believe the green dot and card Ducatista has is issued nationally and is recognised by all Ambulance crews - I picked up a leaflet about it last time I was at a Bike Safe event.

I haven't put it in my helmet yet but always have my driving licence and proof of ID in my bike jacket pocket just in case.

8. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    Quote Originally Posted by RobGoozee
    make sure before you ride out your mobile is fully charged and waterproofed !!! nothing worse than not being able to make emergency calls if required, also dont forget your I.C.E In Case of Emergency contacts, 999 services really do look for these now. :'( :'( :'( :'(
    Just checked as I always make sure my phone is charged and carry a push seal sandwich bag I put it in and wrap around a few times. One thing I just looked at my phone/smart phone and have it password protected so emergency services wouldn't be able to check. How many others have also done this?

9. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinb
    [quote author=RobGoozee link=1325883254/211#211 date=1348436611]make sure before you ride out your mobile is fully charged and waterproofed !!! nothing worse than not being able to make emergency calls if required, also dont forget your I.C.E In Case of Emergency contacts, 999 services really do look for these now. :'( :'( :'( :'(
    Just checked as I always make sure my phone is charged and carry a push seal sandwich bag I put it in and wrap around a few times. One thing I just looked at my phone/smart phone and have it password protected so emergency services wouldn't be able to check. How many others have also done this? [/quote]

Mine is password protected. That's why i always wear a dog tag with all the info on it. Hopefully it will never come into play.
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

10. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”