Notices

Thread: Riding tip of the week.

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    Febreeze is so useful - my kit gets a regular spraying before being hung up to dry out overnight.
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

2. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    The master of counter-steering is Keith Code, who runs the California Superbike School, and has written the 'Twist of the Wrist' books. If you're really fascinated by the subject, and want to learn more, get yourself 'Twist of the Wrist II' from Amazon.
    Odered a copy off of Ebay £10 and it arrived next day

Finding it quite interesting so far - not too keen on the writing style but just my personal preference.

I actually found the section on observation and what he calls wide screen very good.

Worth getting as Mark said.

3. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    Read some of it online and like the 'straight fixed bar' experiment, good reading
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

4. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    Quote Originally Posted by porkies
    the wife would love that! helmet tucked up in the duvet to keep it safe and gloves chilling in the freezer! so leaving them in a cold garage should have same effect to a degree then i guess?
    it needs to freeze the bugs. freezer is the only way, if your garage is that cold ,,,,,id remove the roof ...lol

5. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    Ok, thanks 8 ball. Yes my bike freezes in my garage, its ridiculously cold!
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

6. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki
    [quote author=Mark_Able link=1325883254/146#146 date=1335472793]....
    The master of counter-steering is Keith Code, who runs the California Superbike School, and has written the 'Twist of the Wrist' books. If you're really fascinated by the subject, and want to learn more, get yourself 'Twist of the Wrist II' from Amazon.
    Odered a copy off of Ebay £10 and it arrived next day

Finding it quite interesting so far - not too keen on the writing style but just my personal preference.

I actually found the section on observation and what he calls wide screen very good.

Worth getting as Mark said.

[/quote]

He's American... Nuff said... :
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

7. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    23. Gloves. Why is it so many people insist on riding without gloves? Fact: you cannot stop yourself from putting your hands out if you trip over. So what do you think is going to happen if you fall off your bike? Not only do I ALWAYS wear gloves, I try to get the best I can afford. If you ask anyone who has taken a tumble on a track, and they'll tell you their hands always take the brunt of it. You only have to look at Sam Lowes this weekend. A seemingly small tumble in practice in WSS, and he loses all the skin down to bare bone and knuckle on his little finger. And was wearing decent gloves.

When buying gloves, I'll try to rip them by pulling the fingers apart. If they stand up to it, I'll buy them. If they rip, I put them back. The palm should have the most protection (2 layers normally), with extra protection on the knuckles and finger tips. The wrist strap should be done up so that the glove doesn't come off easily.

Come to think of it, why do some people wear a leather jacket, no gloves, and shorts? Are they just being selective about what parts of their body they wish to retain?
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

8. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    Should also be mentioned that the palms and most seams should have two runs of stiching to ensure that the layers stay together.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

9. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    23. Gloves.
    When buying gloves, I'll try to rip them by pulling the fingers apart. If they stand up to it, I'll buy them. If they rip, I put them back.
    Should you be owning up to damaging shop stock and putting it back rather than buying it :P

10. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazel-nut
    [quote author=Mark_Able link=1325883254/166#166 date=1337028084]23. Gloves.
    When buying gloves, I'll try to rip them by pulling the fingers apart. If they stand up to it, I'll buy them. If they rip, I put them back.
    Should you be owning up to damaging shop stock and putting it back rather than buying it :P[/quote]
    If they rip they're not "Fit for Purpose" therefore shouldn't be on the shelves anyway. He is in actual fact performing a public service :