Notices

Thread: Riding tip of the week.

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    Quote Originally Posted by 8_ball
    when your comfy on your bike this does feel wier. And I remember when you said about this in our lesson and trying to understand it. I think the bigger and heavier the bike the easier this is to feel and understand.
    Brilliant explaination Mark and thanks
    Trust me it works on all bikes, even scooters!!! The smaller the bike the less the input needs to be so you can get away with "steering" round bends. On the big bikes you need the gyroscopic couple of the wheels to help, so even if you are not concious of it, you are probably countersteering. If you apply countersteering to smaller bikes........ YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE................................. ...
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

2. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    22. Whiffy gloves? After this latest spell of disgusting bloody weather, it reminded me how whiffy gloves can get after being soaked and then dried out in the airing cupboard. Over the years, I've tried all sorts of things to stop them stinking, but mostly gave up and threw them away if I couldn't stand the stink anymore. Johnson's Baby Talc is the best solution I found. Once dry, shake a little in, and your hands will come out smelling like a baby's bum.
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

3. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    22. Whiffy gloves? After this latest spell of disgusting bloody weather, it reminded me how whiffy gloves can get after being soaked and then dried out in the airing cupboard. Over the years, I've tried all sorts of things to stop them stinking, but mostly gave up and threw them away if I couldn't stand the stink anymore. Johnson's Baby Talc is the best solution I found. Once dry, shake a little in, and your hands will come out smelling like a baby's bum.
    Until they get wet again and then what a mess

4. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    Frebreeze? :-/
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

5. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    Quote Originally Posted by porkies
    That stuff is a godsend. I don't know if you've ever tried putting a back protector in a washing machine.....

6. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    i wasn't sure if it would work long term for clothing or the 'funk' would win the smell war?

7. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    as wierd as this sounds the smell is the bacteria build up in the cloth or leather from sweat, you can get shoe deo' made by odor eaters the insole people and this helps.

Or you can do what I do and put your gloves in a bag and pop them in the freezer.. the cold kills the bacteria !!! and stops it smelling. when you thaw them out do this slowly and out of the bag so the leather can breathe again. works best for summer gloves. 8-)

8. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    the wife would love that! helmet tucked up in the duvet to keep it safe and gloves chilling in the freezer! so leaving them in a cold garage should have same effect to a degree then i guess?

9. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    Quote Originally Posted by porkies
    Far better than baby talc for de-stinking gloves.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

10. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    Ok guys, I'm with you on this. The only thing with Fabreze is that you have to wait for it to dry, whereas a little talc means you can wear straight away.
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk