Notices

Thread: Riding tip of the week.

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina
    I wasn't looking at that doggy do-do's when I landed in it when practicing u-turns Mark...I couldnt even see it hehehe

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

p.s. re your comment ;
    Along the way, I've had many people try to impress me with their riding skills (quite often crap),

I bet I impressed you with the above didnt I hehehe
    Your riding always impressed me Tina, because you tried so hard... :-*

You just didn't smell too nice... ;D
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

2. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    Fantastic advice as always.

3. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
    Agree with the principle that free advice on the internet is worth what you have paid for it.......

My use of the rear is for:

1. Slow U turns or entries to main roads from a give way junction if not coming to a complete stop. Helps keep the bike settled, you can keep the revs a bit higher so clutch control/throttle management kept smooth.

2. Braking on an approach to Rbt/junction etc where gravel is visible.

3. On faster cornering where I'm also scrubbing a little speed off in the turn. Although my GS can handle quite heavy braking with the front brakes whilst cornering due to the design of the front end I'm trying not to get in that habit as the same technique on the other bike would lead to disaster ;D It also squats the rear end down in the corner which I prefer as it really helps keep the bike settled if its bumpy.

This is what I do.... it is not advice for others

Oh forgot another:

4) Hill starts
    Totally agree with that lot... 8-)
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

4. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    [quote author=BMWGraeme link=1325883254/118#118 date=1334838570]Agree with the principle that free advice on the internet is worth what you have paid for it.......

My use of the rear is for:

1. Slow U turns or entries to main roads from a give way junction if not coming to a complete stop. Helps keep the bike settled, you can keep the revs a bit higher so clutch control/throttle management kept smooth.

2. Braking on an approach to Rbt/junction etc where gravel is visible.

3. On faster cornering where I'm also scrubbing a little speed off in the turn. Although my GS can handle quite heavy braking with the front brakes whilst cornering due to the design of the front end I'm trying not to get in that habit as the same technique on the other bike would lead to disaster ;D It also squats the rear end down in the corner which I prefer as it really helps keep the bike settled if its bumpy.

This is what I do.... it is not advice for others

Oh forgot another:

4) Hill starts
    Totally agree with that lot... 8-)[/quote]

Sorry Mark, but I disagree. I think your free advice is worth alot more than nothing. :P ;D

5. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    This thread was started with the intention of passing on as much knowledge as I can.
    i've no problem with your advice (and not just because i'm a novice) it makes good reading and sense when i put it in to practise, it's invaluable reading for me, with you sharing your many years of knowledge for which I and others are greatful, i just have to ask questions to help me understand...hope they weren't taken out of context or misconstrued and caused you to get >
    respect the effort you put in to this thread [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

6. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    [quote author=Tina link=1325883254/128#128 date=1334867860]I wasn't looking at that doggy do-do's when I landed in it when practicing u-turns Mark...I couldnt even see it hehehe

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

p.s. re your comment ;
    Along the way, I've had many people try to impress me with their riding skills (quite often crap),

I bet I impressed you with the above didnt I hehehe
    Your riding always impressed me Tina, because you tried so hard... :-*

You just didn't smell too nice... ;D[/quote]

Hehehehe....it was the funniest of my mini 'offs' I think....hehehe (and smelliest) lol ;D ;D ;D

7. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    And so say all of us.

8. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    Doing myself out of a job here Ken... ;D

Any donations to the 'Buying a Dodge Charger for the nice instructor' fund, will be gratefully received... ;D
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

9. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    Quote Originally Posted by porkies
    [quote author=Mark_Able link=1325883254/126#126 date=1334865682]This thread was started with the intention of passing on as much knowledge as I can.
    i've no problem with your advice (and not just because i'm a novice) it makes good reading and sense when i put it in to practise, it's invaluable reading for me, with you sharing your many years of knowledge for which I and others are greatful, i just have to ask questions to help me understand...hope they weren't taken out of context or misconstrued and caused you to get >
    respect the effort you put in to this thread [smiley=thumbsup.gif][/quote]

Not at all mate. Ask as many questions as you want. And don't think you're asking stupid questions either, because there's probably someone else on here wondering the same thing...
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

10. Re: Riding tip of the week. 
    Diamond Member
    Some useful advice on this thread that's for sure. When I started riding 34 years ago none of this was available and training was non-existant in my experience. I could quote something along the lines of "You have never had it so good..." but that might wake Ken up :P ;D