Notices

Thread: JHS racing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: JHS racing 
    I used JHS to tune up the Sv a few years back and they were fine. Did it in the time they said they would and for the quoted cost and did a good job.

I'd go along with Mark though. Have a go first, find what needs doing then do it.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

2. Re: JHS racing 
    Yea please ask Scotty. What price and what fairing they have?

3. Re: JHS racing 
    OK, I'll ask beforehand to see what they have - a lot of the fairings will have headlight cut-outs as they're used for Endurance Racing (but these can be filled in easily enough), they'll be painted a nice mix of Royal Blue, White and Fluoro Orange, as will the seat units. They've probably sold off all the standard tanks, and you wouldn't want (nor be able to afford) a 24lt. Endurance jobbie. The bodywork is super light carbon-kevlar stuff, the cheaper items may be a little, er, second hand : THIS LINK will give an idea of the existing colour schemes

Why paint the bike black? It won't stand out amongst all the other black ones out there so if anyone's watching (mates, partner, other buddies riding in different groups) they'll spend half their time looking at the wrong bike! I know, I've been to a few trackdays with Basil and differentiating one black bike/black leathers combo from the others isn't easy! :-/
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

4. Re: JHS racing 
    The bike is currently black with gold wheels. I just like the match. Plus it's cheaper for a single colour. And I'm not to concerned about standing To be noticed by others. But will probably do so anyway as not many people track the cross plane crank.

5. Re: JHS racing 
    If you're doing the shock, you'll want Ohlins fork internals as well. I'd recommend Maxton though. Much cheaper than Ohlins, British made, and extremely helpful. Your standard shock and forks will give up the ghost pretty quickly, when subjected to race pace. The rear sets are a good idea, as are the braided lines and race brake pads. Wouldn't bother changing discs. Decent adjustable steering damper is a must. Standard ones on R1's don't have adjustment. I personally wouldn't spend much money on engine tuning, as you're not going to gain a great deal. Nothing that will make the bike lap that much quicker anyway. It's gearing, suspension, brakes, and geometry, that is important.
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

6. Re: JHS racing 
    I'll certainly look in to the maxton fork internals. The engine itself wasn't going to be touched. And neither were the discs.

7. Re: JHS racing 
    Russell says that he can easily do you a set. Painted and in good usable condition, around £150. I'll see what's there next week and take a few photos for you.
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

8. Re: JHS racing 
    have a word with Mark when you go to the suspension set up day for the rear shock.
    I used to race with James years ago, he used to do a lot of Nobby Clarks work for the Matchless Mick Andrews rode in pre 65 races but never got the credit, till he left.

9. Re: JHS racing 
    Thanks very much Scotty. Very much appreciated.

10. Re: JHS racing 
    I visited Jhs friday of last week and spoke with Vikki. She was very helpful and also gave me a tour of the workshop which was a nice touch. She also introduced me to James who went through what i was looking for and also suggested other upgrades that may be of interest. Its obvious he has a passion for what he does and his knowledge seems to be endless. Ill be receiving a quote next week and will probably be takiing the bike to them in december to have the work completed