Firstly, many thanks for all the replies folks. A little bit of background as to why im deciding to track my road bike. I have a 03 blade as a track bike at the moment. Its a very capable and reliable bike. But, i would like to give it a refresh and an upgrade certain components. Which got me thinking about cost etc And how little i use my road bike (R1), due to my ever increasing time on the track. I just found it obsured to have such an under used piece of machinery sat in the garage. And im also becoming less interested with road rididng and more focused on trackdays.

So, with what i was looking to spend on the blade i thouhgt why not invest that in the R1. Im not lookng to go and break the lap record of every track i ride ( beacuse im not Rossi and never will be ). But, i comfortably sit in the fast group and at recent open pitlane days realised im actually progressing quite well with technique and track know how.

Which leads me to where i am now. The reason ill probabaly get all the work completed at once and not gradually as suggested by able training is that its going to be funded by my redundancy at the start of the new year. And if i dont do so, what money i have set aside for it would be swallowed up by the house or more than likely my other half :-X( but thats between us ).

In reply to what Scotty mentioned. Im looking to get uprated rear suspension and also possibly fork internals.Rear sets, racing fairing + paint ( nothing fancy, just black ), and a de-cat pipe.
I asked Jhs about pcv and quick-shifter. They quoted for this but also recommended a bazzaz unit instead of the pcv and expalined why. Which all made sense. I have heard of them. But, im not overly familiar with them. And on further research it seems the logical route to follow. Which leads me to answer the second part of scottys post. Im more than happy to upgrade certain components on the bike i.e uprated pads, braided brake lines. chain and sprockets, clip ons, rearsets. All of which i have added to the balde so im comfortable doing so to thr R1. But, when it comes to suspenson and the setting up of im lost. And as far as the bazzaz unit and the quick-shifter go. Id sooner have a pro set them up. And perhaps watch and learn for the future.

Basil, i have been in correspondence with Jhs and in particular Vikki over the past couple of weeks. And must say,so far so good. Very resceptive to my needs and wants and also very prompt in thier replies.

I dont have a bottomless pit of money to throw at this project and if i did i most certainly wouldnt anyhow. Im seacrhing the interent daily for cheaper prices to the components im looking at and have already come up trumps on the ohlins rear shock. £1200 in the uk. £850 from the us. Even if caught at customs and subject to 20% tax it would still be a decent saving.

Anyhow im going on a bit now. Again thanks for the advice everyone and please keep it coming.