Notices

Thread: Aprillia RSV1000R - Feckin thing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Aprillia RSV1000R - Feckin thing 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by camera.op76
    If you could that will be great! it fluctuates between 11.9 and 12.0 at the moment. But its now smoking intermittently from underneath the tank! :/
    well no need for a fault finding guide! just follow the smoke xD
    Heres the guide :] http://www.electrosport.com/technica...ng-diagram.pdf

2. Re: Aprillia RSV1000R - Feckin thing 
    11.9 - 12V is no charge..... But as G3o says.... follow the smoke.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

3. Re: Aprillia RSV1000R - Feckin thing 
    Its the Karma train biting your ass........... one week filming ass............ next week your bikes fecked ! pmsl

4. Re: Aprillia RSV1000R - Feckin thing 
    camera.op76
    Quote Originally Posted by RobGoozee
    Its the Karma train biting your ass........... one week filming ass............ next week your bikes fecked ! pmsl
    I think your onto something there... When the floor manager said we want lots ot t*ts, tw@ts and ass for the closing VT... it didn't help when I stated shall I just go and film in the production truck... plenty of them in there! ;D

5. Re: Aprillia RSV1000R - Feckin thing 
    OOPs, had the same scenario out in Moscow recently on a certain 50 year olds MDNA tour.......... shouting at the prod manager let me know when your turn on stage is and Ill buy a ticket to come and watch you f'in diva, .........probably wasnt the best career move lol :'(

6. Re: Aprillia RSV1000R - Feckin thing 
    camera.op76
    thanks very much for the help and insight guys, I'm just giving my battery a full charge see what happens then. It smokes intermitently the smoke is blue and had no odor... it does it for about 2 seconds then goes as quickly as it came, and might not come back... really odd...

Gooz production managers are the worst. I like them when they are giving me work. I was camera supervisor on some cage fighting for Channel five a couple of weeks ago.. I was treated like a god! Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii want more of those jobs!

www.camerabook.tv

7. Re: Aprillia RSV1000R - Feckin thing 
    blue smoke is normally oil, changed it recently, some may have spilled on to the engine and is smoking when engine gets hot, failing that you may have a leak
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

8. Re: Aprillia RSV1000R - Feckin thing 
    be carefull not to turn it over too much as this can mess the Sprag clutch up, just another one of the fantastic things about owning one of these bikes lol

Also look at getting the upgraded battery ttz14s-bs (i thinki) i bought 2 (ebay) cheap ones before i got mine, the amps per hour on the cheaper ones are only around 10, the upgraded ones are between 12 and 14 theres loads of stuff on it on RSVZONE

9. Re: Aprillia RSV1000R - Feckin thing 
    If it's an intermittent fault take it to Biketreads in Swindon and they will TOTALLY **** it!! ;D

10. Re: Aprillia RSV1000R - Feckin thing 
    camera.op76
    Thanks everyone for the help and advice. The smoke looks like its coming from the valve cover gasket - it's bubbling and some oily deposits leaking and running down the head. Replaced the regulator. Still doesn't seem to hold its charge. It keeps fluctuating between 11.6 and 12.2 so feck knows. >