Notices

Thread: indicators are fubar'd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. indicators are fubar'd 
    My 2002 Hornet's indicators aren't working
    Had my bike noojed yesterday, they were working for about a mile on the way home then they only flashed once (had to hold the switch to the side to get them to flash more) about 5 miles later and they're not working at all now. :-/
    Thought maybe the switch had got damp and just needed to dry out but just tried them again and nada.

Any ideas?
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

2. Re: indicators are fubar'd 
    Check the fuses
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

3. Re: indicators are fubar'd 
    A bit hard to tell Goldie, as the switch is an outside component it shouldn't really matter if it becomes wet as it should work in all weathers. The best bet is to start with the easy bit and check the bulbs/fuses first, then if possible follow the cable routes back, checking the connections as you go, cleaning and reconnecting. Failing this you might have to get it tested to find the fault, hope this helps.

4. Re: indicators are fubar'd 
    Cheers. Will have a go tomorrow
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

5. Re: indicators are fubar'd 
    check the lenses are not full of water.

check the fuses.

assuming you have a naked hornet, check the headlight bowl isn't full of water.

check the negative terminal on the battery.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

6. Re: indicators are fubar'd 
    If none of the indicators are working chick its less likely to be the bulbs and more often the fuse or flasher unit the fuse should be marked up and easy to find,hold it up to the light as it should be the mini blade type on your bike, you can see through them or into the top at the very least if its blown you will know,somewhere nearby the fusebox is a larger than most relay normally black or orange on a bike but thats not gospel its a sealed unit and as such water shouldnt get into it but the plug onto it may be full of water, take it out once youve scoured the internet for pics to find it, they normally push onto a metal prong and just need working off, leave it plug side downmost in the airing cupboard to dry overnight and refit it, you cant really test it anymore as they are usually electronic innards now, if you have a fellow honda rider try it in their bike if you indicators are still not working, failing that ride over here, (carefully) and Ill have a look for you x :P

7. Re: indicators are fubar'd 
    lol, thanks Gooz, you know me so well, I'm such a girl :-[ ;D

8. Re: indicators are fubar'd 
    bought some WD40 and sprayed it in the switch. It's working perfectly again. Happy days. Thanks guys :-*

9. Re: indicators are fubar'd 
    Banned
    That's good news

What is this?? Some bloke at the hairdressers??

10. Re: indicators are fubar'd 
    Was wondering myself :-?