I may or may not have asked this before I have looked on the web but found nothing specific and I know someone on here will have the knowledge.

My Question: I have a 2012 Honda motorcycle with a two year warranty and have had it serviced the last two times by a Honda Franchise. I have nothing wrong with the Honda Franchise and the Mechanic is excellent. Things that should be checked and replaced are. If you need to chat with him you can.

However, as I'm office bound I always think of tinkering with the bike at the weekend, because I have a thirst for 'how things work'.

I've got my 16,000 mile service coming up soon and I'm in two minds as to get Honda to do it or Buy the Honda Service Manual, the tools and do it myself.

I contacted Honda and asked if doing the work myself would void the warranty.

Honda's Reply:

You risk losing the warranty on your motorcycle if non-genuine Honda parts are used or if a fault occurs due to the repairs carried out by yourself.

From that my question is then... Am I basically ****ed if anything goes wrong... but then so long as I follow protocol and use genuine parts (which I would) am I then still able to claim, should anything go wrong with my Honda?

It seems grey area.