Notices

Thread: Rear Shock

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Rear Shock 
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
    I think a lot of people are still trying to work out how mistresses and atmospherics are relevant on a bikers forum and therefore have not made it past the first post ;D ;D
    There is 2 ladies in my life.
    1: Zero Alpha - the wife.
    2: Black mistress - the bike.
    She has 2 wheels amongst other things.
    Then again if your having a pop at me then i'll crawl back to LondonBikers and ask all my daft, relevant, confusing questions.
    If i've read this wrong then it is because maybe I feel a little oppressed by your somewhat belittling comments.
    Either way...dont try making fun out of me.
    If you was trying to be funny then just to let you know...andfor someone that doesn't know you from Adam....I'm reading this in a different light! No toy throwing or dummies getting spat...just an observation as a NOOB.

2. Re: Rear Shock 
    Quote Originally Posted by RobGoozee
    Or instead of paying a fortune you could send it in for a £150 refurb,

http://www.brooksuspension.co.uk/ser...d-service.html

hows them apples Dean,,,,,,,, proper job. dyuo not no ow t use the tinternet in london nen happen
    Haha, i'm a man of simple means. A brew, 2 sugars and a ciggy. But a refurb sounds good.

3. Re: Rear Shock 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    Isleworth here, anywhere west of there is badlands :P

Anyway surprised no-one has mentioned MH racing over the M4 yet?
    Thats Middlesex.... ;D

I did go to some farm just north of the M4, East of Hullavington a couple of months ago but...well...it was Sunday. I think that was MH Racing...

Anyway mate I only lived in London during my army career. Pompey lad at heart.

4. Re: Rear Shock 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifty
    Looking at my rear shock i'm not happy with its atmospherics...
    Is there a particular reason why you think the shock may be knackered? I can't work out what you mean by the above statement hence my comment. What is it that you are not happy about?

I have replaced one of my shocks becasue it just wasn't up to the task I was asking of it. I have replaced another because it had a slightly leaky seal which was showing up as a very harsh ride.

5. Re: Rear Shock 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifty
    [quote author=Mitch9128 link=1353530933/6#6 date=1353599823]Isleworth here, anywhere west of there is badlands :P

Thats Middlesex.... ;D

I did go to some farm just north of the M4, East of Hullavington a couple of months ago but...well...it was Sunday. I think that was MH Racing...

[/quote]

LOL Halifax lad here, wife is from Shepherds Bush, must have been a short career if your only posting was Lahndun?

6. Re: Rear Shock 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    [quote author=Fifty link=1353530933/12#12 date=1353604612][quote author=Mitch9128 link=1353530933/6#6 date=1353599823]Isleworth here, anywhere west of there is badlands :P

Thats Middlesex.... ;D

[/quote]

LOL Halifax lad here, wife is from Shepherds Bush, must have been a short career if your only posting was Lahndun?[/quote]

11 years, HCaV, RHG/d. Knightsbridge and Windsor.

7. Re: Rear Shock 
    [quote author=Fifty link=1353530933/0#0 date=1353530933] Looking at my rear shock i'm not happy with its atmospherics...
    Is there a particular reason why you think the shock may be knackered? I can't work out what you mean by the above statement hence my comment. What is it that you are not happy about?

I have replaced one of my shocks becasue it just wasn't up to the task I was asking of it. I have replaced another because it had a slightly leaky seal which was showing up as a very harsh ride.
    [/quote]

I just happened to look at it over the weekend just gone and thought, Mmmm that oxidisation is beginning to look a little bit too corrosive for my liking. So I fired out that question to get some feed back. Although...yes.... my post probably did look a bit like "why am I changing it just for the sake of changing it". I should have specified somewhat more. My apologies. I understand 'ain't broke don't fix don't touch'. I just expected you all to know what I was going on about ..... ....... . What a dick..... :-[

8. Re: Rear Shock 
    Diamond Member
    Ahhh OK, I was on the wrong track. You can stop the corrosion getting worse with a coat of ACF50 which is an anti corrosion formula - you can get spray cans for around £15 and litre bottles for about £30 which will do all your bike if needed. Alternatively Nooj on this forum does a great job for a great price on a whole bike and does all the hard work for you. As for a replacement shock I would suspect others on this foruum would have a better idea than I if you're on a Jap bike.

9. Re: Rear Shock 
    Ahhh OK, I was on the wrong track. You can stop the corrosion getting worse with a coat of ACF50 which is an anti corrosion formula - you can get spray cans for around £15 and litre bottles for about £30 which will do all your bike if needed. Alternatively Nooj on this forum does a great job for a great price on a whole bike and does all the hard work for you. As for a replacement shock I would suspect others on this foruum would have a better idea than I if you're on a Jap bike.
    Nice touch I like that. I 'll have to look in to that stuff. Yes its a Japanese bike. And I also have a +1 down on Gooz's thread for a date with Nooj..... I just hope this forecast changes by then >

10. Re: Rear Shock 
    you work for wessex? poor you i left them piss taking morons >