Notices

Thread: Rear Shock

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Rear Shock 
    At what point do you say to yourself....''THAT NEEDS CHANGING''? I'm not going to say my mistress has never seen wet because that would be the biggest bare faced lie. Although I have never deliberately gone out in the rain...I have been caught whilst out...if that makes sense! Looking at my rear shock i'm not happy with its atmospherics...I can hear the best part of a grand playing in my ears... > . If you have had to re-new yours at what point did you?

2. Re: Rear Shock 
    a grand for a rear shock ????? what the hell is it gold plated ?

3. Re: Rear Shock 
    What the **** are you smoking Dean? :-?
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

4. Re: Rear Shock 
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    What the **** are you smoking Dean? :-?
    Is there any left???? ;D
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

5. Re: Rear Shock 
    You guys make me laugh. I've lived most of my life in West London. I only know of one place (link below) that I used to take my bike to. Now I live even further west with the Worzles and Chuggy Pigs...but I'm a loss as to all the places in this here be shire... to take my beast to. I now work for Wessex Water and have a interpreter otherwise i'd be fecked.....

http://pdq1.com/result.php?CatID=443...D=11&Year=

Amber Leaf, 12.5G £3.98(No Filters)

6. Re: Rear Shock 
    Diamond Member
    Dean,

Your first post is requesting info on when should a rear shock be changed. Your second post is now asking for a recommendation on where to take your bike but have not said what for. A service, a clean, a new shock, an MOT, a chain........ what for?

Can't help you unless you are specific. Prices vary enormously depending on the bike, what you want it to do and how much you're willing to pay for a brand name. I have spent a couple of hundred on one bike and well over a grand for another. There's lots of choice out there.

p.s I'm a west Londoner too!

7. Re: Rear Shock 
    Platinum Member
    Isleworth here, anywhere west of there is badlands :P

Anyway surprised no-one has mentioned MH racing over the M4 yet?

8. Re: Rear Shock 
    Diamond Member
    I think a lot of people are still trying to work out how mistresses and atmospherics are relevant on a bikers forum and therefore have not made it past the first post ;D ;D

9. Re: Rear Shock 
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
    Dean,

Your first post is requesting info on when should a rear shock be changed. Your second post is now asking for a recommendation on where to take your bike but have not said what for. A service, a clean, a new shock, an MOT, a chain........ what for?

Can't help you unless you are specific. Prices vary enormously depending on the bike, what you want it to do and how much you're willing to pay for a brand name. I have spent a couple of hundred on one bike and well over a grand for another. There's lots of choice out there.

p.s I'm a west Londoner too!
    Yes I am asking when you should change. The story continues as I have a moment where I see ££££'s in asking that question before I get down to the nitty gritty of locating the perfect place to get this done now I live 104 miles West of my previous loc stat and seeing as I know of very little about Wiltshire or anyone this site could be the means to you getting to know me and vicky verky. Saying that I am new to WB and throwing out there a question about my REAR SHOCK....would most probably led on to the next question of somewhere to get it done at half the cost (by the looks of it)?.....

Next.....

10. Re: Rear Shock 
    Or instead of paying a fortune you could send it in for a £150 refurb,

http://www.brooksuspension.co.uk/ser...d-service.html

hows them apples Dean,,,,,,,, proper job. dyuo not no ow t use the tinternet in london nen happen