Quote Originally Posted by leecooke1985
To own and ride a sport bike and then say what's the point in getting knee down is like owning a 4x4 in London. Why have a 4x4 in the city when you'll never take it off road? Having something and not using its full potential is abserd.
I have a super intelligent child but I don't want him to do well at school...same as:
I have a sport racing bike but I don't want to ride it properly. Just saying...
Getting your knee down doesn't mean your riding the bike properly. It means your planting your knee on the floor :]

Don't get me wrong i'm all for getting on your knees for a play, but the act of getting your knee down doesn't make you go any faster or have better form through corners. Was out the other day and followed a CBR1000rr and 996 ridden by two people scraping their knee on the floor every corner, i proceeded to fly past them, on a CB500, still sat completely in line with the bike and disappear into the distance.

By all means go and play on a roundabout and knacker the sliders but don't try to justify it saying it will mean your using your bikes potential. When you can match lap times set by Rossi on the same bike you will be using its full potential!

Yes its fun, yes it looks cool, provided the bike isn't still bolt upright, and yes, by all means go and do it. But admit its purely because you want to get your knee down, don't wind all the crap about getting more from the bike and using it as it is supposed to be used around it!

Now!! Go find a roundabout!