Notices

Thread: Yamaha Yzf600r Thundercat gearbox fix thread

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Yamaha Yzf600r Thundercat gearbox fix thread 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by porkies
    [quote author=Scotty link=1332878940/4#4 date=1332912106]

RTFM will really help, do that first....
    Excuse the interruption guys but whats RTFM? Only ask cause might have to have mine in bits
    [/quote]

Read The Fxxxing Manual

2. Re: Yamaha Yzf600r Thundercat gearbox fix thread 
    :-[ thanks :-[
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

3. Re: Yamaha Yzf600r Thundercat gearbox fix thread 
    Considering this section is called Technical help etc etc RTFM is ummmm not a very subtle way of saying 'purchase the manual and have a read through'
    Also, youtube is an excellent way of finding stuff out......but there are lots of people on here who like hearing about the challenges others face when trying to fix their bikes and turn to those of you who really do have some expert knowledge on different problems faced.
    I know I turn to one or two of the clever bikey types who know loads in the hope of gaining a little insight into the problems a manual doesnt tell you about. :P :P :P

4. Re: Yamaha Yzf600r Thundercat gearbox fix thread 
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina
    Considering this section is called Technical help etc etc RTFM is ummmm not a very subtle way of saying 'purchase the manual and have a read through'
    Also, youtube is an excellent way of finding stuff out......but there are lots of people on here who like hearing about the challenges others face when trying to fix their bikes and turn to those of you who really do have some expert knowledge on different problems faced.
    I know I turn to one or two of the clever bikey types who know loads in the hope of gaining a little insight into the problems a manual doesnt tell you about. :P :P :P

WELL SAID.

5. Re: Yamaha Yzf600r Thundercat gearbox fix thread 
    Today ive been out and bought lots of wood. Made myself a new work bench. Will post pics up. Decided I needed somthing to put the engine on when working on it!!

Im not exactly worlds strongest man but could lift it up onto a bench without major struggle at around 100kg.

6. Re: Yamaha Yzf600r Thundercat gearbox fix thread 
    i lifted my engine into my van on my own ohhh eat weetabix ;D

7. Re: Yamaha Yzf600r Thundercat gearbox fix thread 
    If your stuck I do have large breaker bars,a toque wrench or two and compressor and knocking gun, not short of tools :-)

8. Re: Yamaha Yzf600r Thundercat gearbox fix thread 
    The clutch centre nut is torqued to 70nm (about 56ftIb) but there is a lock tab washer on it aswell.
    i took my TDM clutch off few months ago no problem got a clutch holding tool to do the job.
    Where are you i got a Haynes manual you can have for the Thundercat,plus i think the clutches are the same if im correct
    It will be easier to undo the torqued nut ie clutch with engine in the frame

9. Re: Yamaha Yzf600r Thundercat gearbox fix thread 
    Have a read of this mate

http://www.offwidth.co.uk/bike/cat/engine.html

It's what I followed the first time I took my Thundercat engine out.

I've lost your number by the way because I'm a tool so drop me a text and we'll sort something out if you want some help, it's not the weight of the engine it's the shape that's the killer, I got mine in and out of the boot of a Yaris on my own but to drop it out and put it back in the frame I'd say you want two or three people. You really want someone on the jack, someone taking the weight of the engine and another watching so they can spot if you've forgotten to undo anything and to tell the Jack person to stop.

Oh, I have a rattle gun too that will probably come in handy

; ) Especially on the nut holding the rotor on

10. Re: Yamaha Yzf600r Thundercat gearbox fix thread 
    Hows it coming on ash, no update this week?.