Notices

Thread: Choke cable on my Kwak

1. Choke cable on my Kwak 
    This morning i was starting my bike and due to the cold it needs a little help from the choke. As i pulled the choke leaver back it got half way and then there was no tension in the leaver, and the choke wasnt working.
    I think the cable may have snapped.
    Does anyone know if this is an expensive fix as just spent £500 on tyres and brakes and cant really afford anything else?

Found this on amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Choke-Kawasa.../dp/B008GS41L2

Is it something i can do myself? :-/

2. Re: Choke cable on my Kwak 
    It'll be a simple thing to replace - you'll need to remove seat, fuel tank and possibly the air filter box - quite straightforward, no special tools needed. Try to ensure you don't drop any fasteners when removing the airbox or you'll have fun and games trying to retrieve them (telescopic magnet on a stick is the kiddy for that...) The choke cable routing should be straightforward enough, to be safe it might be worth photographing where it goes before removing the old one. I doubt that you'll need to remove the carbs.

Have a go, you'll probably find it quite liberating to achieve the task and it'll give you more confidence to attempt other jobs when you need to.
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

3. Re: Choke cable on my Kwak 
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    It'll be a simple thing to replace - you'll need to remove seat, fuel tank and possibly the air filter box - quite straightforward, no special tools needed. Try to ensure you don't drop any fasteners when removing the airbox or you'll have fun and games trying to retrieve them (telescopic magnet on a stick is the kiddy for that...) The choke cable routing should be straightforward enough, to be safe it might be worth photographing where it goes before removing the old one. I doubt that you'll need to remove the carbs.

Have a go, you'll probably find it quite liberating to achieve the task and it'll give you more confidence to attempt other jobs when you need to.
    Thanks mate, ill give this a go

4. Re: Choke cable on my Kwak 
    I am quite happy to help if you bring it round mine, I am in Salisbury and have the tools.
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

5. Re: Choke cable on my Kwak 
    Quote Originally Posted by Conehead
    I am quite happy to help if you bring it round mine, I am in Salisbury and have the tools.
    Thank you so much, in the process of moving at the mo so ill PM you about dates and we can see when we both free.
    Top man ;D

6. Re: Choke cable on my Kwak 
    No prob. Just give me a shout when ready. Good luck with the move, is it local?

7. Re: Choke cable on my Kwak 
    Quote Originally Posted by Conehead
    No prob. Just give me a shout when ready. Good luck with the move, is it local?
    Yeah im moving from London to Sherfiled English. Taking ages to do everything so much flat pack so big problems have taken a back seat for the mo

8. Re: Choke cable on my Kwak 
    No rush. Let me know when you are ready and we will get it done.