Notices

Thread: A few on Sunday 19th

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: A few on Sunday 19th 
    harsh dabz very harsh... poor blighters have to start somewhere.

I remember my first 50cc Gilera DNA cracking little bike and taught me the rules of the road (i.e. I was on the bottom of the ladder and had some serious work to do).

but saying that, some of the scooterer...erers (???) do ride like nutters and whats with the whole one handed riding thing, it was cool when I was 5 on my push bike, but on a scooter!

(ignoring going one-handed for comfort (relieving the back) reasons).

2. Re: A few on Sunday 19th 
    it's the nutters that annoy me most, and the fact that most have done a morning in a playground and are then let loose on the roads
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

3. Re: A few on Sunday 19th 
    Very true. Also most annoying is that it is these idiots that push up all the stats on PTW's when they have an accident and then everyone else's insurance premiums go through the roof! >
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

4. Re: A few on Sunday 19th 
    they do, I'm one of these who has insurance, just because it's a legal requirement.

I have had two accidents and haven't claimed becuase the eventual cost is likely to be more, once you've paid the excess etc.

Although I don't help myself sometimes, becuase I did get a temporary ban last year for speeding!

5. Re: A few on Sunday 19th 
    Easy enough to pick up a speeding fine/ban. I was happy to be clocked at 80 in a 60 last year and just get a few points - could have been much worse a few minutes earlier! Sigh, it did mean the end of a clean licence after far more years than I care to mention tho! :-[
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

6. Re: A few on Sunday 19th 
    I was being stupid and I readily admit it, well over a ton on the way back from Swindon to Bournemouth on the M27.

When I say I was being stupid, I'm not referring to the speed, just that I was... on the motorway!!!

Should have known that by now shouldn't I!

No the really good thing is, I've got to the stage where it is the style I ride rather than the balls out speed, so motorway miles are only done as a necessity because they are boring and don't do tyres any good.

I'd rather have some country twisties any day

7. Re: A few on Sunday 19th 
    Motorways are soooo boring but sometimes esential

8. Re: A few on Sunday 19th 
    that's it, on this day it was essential as I was heading back to work and was late due to a puncture/lay-in so I was in a hurry so as not to annoy my employer, turns out the plod have a bigger sting than the employer... ouch!!!

only ended up with 14-day ban (not bad for 127mph) but a hefty £625 fine

9. Re: A few on Sunday 19th 
    You seem to get either a hafty fine & short ban of the opposite. Depends how they are feeling on the day and how much you plead hardship I suppose.

Sharpens up your observations skills tho' boy do you start looking for them!

10. Re: A few on Sunday 19th 
    absolutely, I can't ride fast anywhere there's bridges, because I am assuming they are there, which I suppose is the intention, bit that means they won damn it.

or should it be "Good game, good game"

Nah... cost me far too much to be a game... this, is war!