Notices

Thread: A few on Sunday 19th

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. A few on Sunday 19th 
    Couple at Amesbury

Zx6r C1 in gay champagne colour

ZX6r B1 in evil black

And a few ignorant Pan European twats up near Pewsey :-/
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

2. Re: A few on Sunday 19th 
    noticed a lot of people not nodding...
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

3. Re: A few on Sunday 19th 
    I've noticied this lack of nodding recently, I know I go on a bit about this comradery, but that's one of the things that set bikers apart from other road users, you feel a bit like brothers in arms and...stuff... sob, sob.

see... how emotional this makes me...!

saw a few bikes out weekend gone (18th & 19th) and haveto say that the first person to nod to me was a gent on a ZX10R (beautiful machine), problem was I was peeing at the side of the road at the time, so wasa little ore concerned with keeping the little dude facing down wind so as not to spray myself.

sorry too much detail

4. Re: A few on Sunday 19th 
    I've noticied this lack of nodding recently, I know I go on a bit about this camaraderie, but that's one of the things that set bikers apart from other road users, you feel a bit like brothers in arms and...stuff... sob, sob.

see... how emotional this makes me...!
    And you are how old? I thought it was just us old fogies that went on about the 'good old days' ;D

I still nod to everyone I see - regardless! Even kids on scoots - although thats often by accident!! :P
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

5. Re: A few on Sunday 19th 
    the way I look at the kids on the scooters is that I was there once and really wanted to be associated with the guys & girls riding the bigger bikes so I was always chuffed when they used to nod to me, so I alays give them a lirttle nod myself.

it does seem funny when you say about the good old days, but isn't it sad that they weren't that long ago!

6. Re: A few on Sunday 19th 
    Those were the days, when I was a kid my Dad could fill up the van for the week and still have change for 10 fags from a quid...
    No. no, don't let's start the whole Monty Python cardboard box in the road sketch!! ;D ;D

You are right about the scoots, they are the biking future - if some of them live that long!!

A lot of them look so astounded when a 'big bike' rider nods to them. 8-)
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

7. Re: A few on Sunday 19th 
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabz
    noticed a lot of people not nodding...

Yip... very true :'(

I jus nod and don't bother lookin to see if they do it back now! :

If they can't see me they shouldn't be riding, if theyre impolite... that's their problem- its not my fault I'm friendly and they're not! ;D ;D

8. Re: A few on Sunday 19th 
    I always nod to people, I remember the first time someone nodded to me and talking to my girlfriend about it when i got home.
    It is one of those things that sets us apart to other road users and it would be a shame for people not keep up the tradition.
    Must admit that i dont normally nod to scooters unless i cant tell because of the speed i am travelling at. I dont not nod because i am arrogant but more for the fact that they go mad on the little 50's afterwards and i wouldnt want anything to happen to them because they are showing off or something similar.
    Going around town on the bike and coming across a scooter is bad enough as they are constantly trying to race you so you end up putting your foot down (should be twisting the throttle) and leaving them behind and breaking a few rules yourself.
    Am i rotten or is this the truth for other bikers too??

9. Re: A few on Sunday 19th 
    hehe I don't nod at scooters too...usually only at 125s if they don't have L plates :P
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

10. Re: A few on Sunday 19th 
    Going around town on the bike and coming across a scooter is bad enough as they are constantly trying to race you so you end up putting your foot down (should be twisting the throttle) and leaving them behind and breaking a few rules yourself.
    If they nod & behave I acknowledge & have been known to even smile. If they are being a**holes, I kinda try & ignore them, like they are dust beneath my wheels and not worthy of notice and just ride normally. 8-) 8-)