Notices

Thread: Gixxer round Dilton Marsh

1. Gixxer round Dilton Marsh 
    Anyone on here ride a Gixxer, in standard Suzi colours, through Dilton Marsh on a daily basis at about a ton over the limit???? >

If you're on here, there's an unmarked cop car in the area due to the amount of complaints caused by this bike >

2. Re: Gixxer round Dilton Marsh 
    Diamond Member
    Explain to the copper that gixxer only have 2 speeds; fast and faster. It really isn't our fault, is just the way the bike was made. ;D

3. Re: Gixxer round Dilton Marsh 
    Diamond Member
    I'm sure Nico Babe can vouch for my scientifically proven estatement too!

4. Re: Gixxer round Dilton Marsh 
    I think it's more to do with the disregard for public safety because he/she tears through the village past primary and special needs schools.

Even worse, the bike flies past my house making me jealous :'(

5. Re: Gixxer round Dilton Marsh 
    Diamond Member

Even worse, the bike flies past my house making me jealous :'([/quote]

That explains it! Wanna borrow my sv? My gixxer is not a lending bike, that seat is reserved solely to my arse. And the sv is a fully working bike, promise! I take my son to and from school and rock climbing, hasn't let me down for well over two months. You go v-twin!!!

6. Re: Gixxer round Dilton Marsh 
    I've done the Gixxer thing in the past and I know how fast they are especially from Gib to Banus on the motorway

But this rider does need to take it slower through the village, not only for the kids and the special needs pupils at the other school, but also because he/she ignores the roundabouts and the fact that there's loads of tractors using that road.

It's not just bikers but they are the main problem along that road because it's a nice road out of the village towards the Warminster Road and you've got the twisty route by Brockerswood at the other end.

I'd just hate to have to use my medical skills when there's no need - so kill your speed and not yourself [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

7. Re: Gixxer round Dilton Marsh 
    Yup can agree that a Gixxer is.............................. oh sooo sweeeet !! LOL LOL LOL

Gotta luv it. Best Satisfaction tool a person could own.....

But I agree, he / she should keep the speed for a quieter safer road.

8. Re: Gixxer round Dilton Marsh 
    Diamond Member
    seconded! GSXR=speeding ticket :-)

9. Re: Gixxer round Dilton Marsh 
    Diamond Member
    Sounds like this rider is only going to learn the painful way...

How many tickets have you got JD? Is that why you keep warning people about the cam at the entrance to Tidworth? ;D

10. Re: Gixxer round Dilton Marsh 
    If its the one me and Kaz saw today rider with a yellow lid pinned over the tank making all the moves but none of the speed heading away from Westbury chippy roundabout towards Dilton Marsh, we weren't that impressed had their head under the fairing without even pushing 60 .... fairy! By the sounds of it , they were riding a 125 with a race can or a 600 [smiley=thumbsup.gif], we had a good look as we were on the last leg of our run around 7.30ish

GSXR great bikes bloody uncomfortable for the leggier rider, more hype than outright sports bike, pretty much on a level peg with all the other generic japanese sports 1000s just carry the boy / girl racer tag and some twits like this one in Dilton play up to it 8-)