Notices

Thread: Mr GSXR man

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Mr GSXR man 
    Erm, our Harleys pop and bang all the time - are you saying it's a bad thing? :-?

2. Re: Mr GSXR man 
    unburnt fuel getting into the exhaust isn't too good, i'd be more concerned with why the engine was running rich and dumping fuel into the exhaust instead of burning it like it should. (thats what causes the POP i believe)
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

3. Re: Mr GSXR man 
    Quote Originally Posted by cerruti
    Erm, our Harleys pop and bang all the time - are you saying it's a bad thing? :-?
    Yes, it's a very bad thing! But admitting that you own a Harley is the first step to recovery. ;D

4. Re: Mr GSXR man 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W

;D

Yep and I'm on my 3rd scorpian and the sv is far from 240,000!! It managed to remove the baffle tube of the first one and loosen 1/2 the rivets of the second! The one on there now is a special with a welded in baffle tube and stainless rivets!!!

I've also seen a Harris destroyed by backfiring the engine!!!

Trust me they are far from indestructable.
    Have you been hitting the kill switch whilst going along, to scare old ladies?
    No wonder you're destroying cans! ;D

5. Re: Mr GSXR man 
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    [quote author=Jon_W link=1349678790/9#9 date=1349853775]
    No wonder you're destroying cans! ;D[/quote]
    why what does that do when using the K/switch? :-?
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

6. Re: Mr GSXR man 
    Quote Originally Posted by porkies
    [quote author=dan_geoghegan link=1349678790/13#13 date=1349875616][quote author=Jon_W link=1349678790/9#9 date=1349853775]
    No wonder you're destroying cans! ;D[/quote]
    why what does that do when using the K/switch? :-?[/quote]
    It cuts the combustion in the engine. If the throttle is kept open, fuel continues to flow, when the kill switch is turned off, the bike fires up..........I think you can guess the rest.

This will only work on a carb fed engine btw

7. Re: Mr GSXR man 
    suzi rf loved this with a venom no baffle at nights impressive ;D

8. Re: Mr GSXR man 
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    [quote author=cerruti link=1349678790/10#10 date=1349869688]Erm, our Harleys pop and bang all the time - are you saying it's a bad thing? :-?
    Yes, it's a very bad thing! But admitting that you own a Harley is the first step to recovery. ;D[/quote]

I ask an innocent question and this is the response I get.

This is exactly the reason why I haven't posted on here for a while and won't be anymore.

Thankyou very much.

9. Re: Mr GSXR man 
    Quote Originally Posted by cerruti
    [quote author=dan_geoghegan link=1349678790/12#12 date=1349875436][quote author=cerruti link=1349678790/10#10 date=1349869688]Erm, our Harleys pop and bang all the time - are you saying it's a bad thing? :-?
    Yes, it's a very bad thing! But admitting that you own a Harley is the first step to recovery. ;D[/quote]

I ask an innocent question and this is the response I get.

This is exactly the reason why I haven't posted on here for a while and won't be anymore.

Thankyou very much. [/quote]

Cerruti. I wouldn't take too much notice if were you. I don't think Mr Builders view is the view of most of the people on here. In fact i'm sure Mr WB would even admit that he doesn't mean any harm by his statement. Wouldn't you Dan? I'm fairly sure it was just a poor attempt at humour?
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

10. Re: Mr GSXR man 
    I'm sure you are right Nelly, just ignore what I'm sure was meant to be a joke Cerruti.

Always difficult to convey a teasing tone in the written word

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”