Notices

Thread: My New Car

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: My New Car 
    Platinum Member
    Very nice, good choice, I had one 18 months ago, same colour, same year, great car, I ended up putting it upside down in a river, but loved the car and would like another one.

2. Re: My New Car 
    Nice!

so is the purple colour

3. Re: My New Car 
    Very Nice Neo...So how is the car? no chance to get the top down today!Must be good cos you haven't been here today! SAFE DRIVING!

4. Re: My New Car 
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu
    One reason could be due to the SVA testing there are very few rev5 MR2's about. 10 year wait from 1st registration! I looked into this and have to wait another 18 months to get the TRD edition over.

Plus the turbo isn't as reliable for an everyday car!!
    Turbo not a reliable reveryday car.....pfffftttt

Iv had 2, one which was running in the 350bhp region and used it everyday and drove it hard...not a single problem with either of them. They just need regualr serviceing.

Very tidy example you have there though Pete, keep it facing the right way though

5. Re: My New Car 
    Stu
    pffft yourself, more people have problems with turbo models than n/a!!

6. Re: My New Car 
    Yep, Cars Great fun No Chance to Have the roof down yet tho

Went for N/A cos I could not justify the running costs of one.....I have the bike for all that supercar beating speed

Cars for just getting around in

There are some more photo's in Member Bike's.

P

7. Re: My New Car 
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu
    pffft yourself, more people have problems with turbo models than n/a!!
    I did pfffttt myself...huh

the reason people have problems with the turbo is mainly down to servicing, or lack of it....
    People buy them not realising how much they really do cost to run, and neglect the services to try and keep it a bit cheaper.....as with any high perfomance car they need servicing more than a non turbo and its alot more expensive to do, and to add to that most garages dont have a clue how to service the engine properly and as with any turbo charged car the oil will need changing every 5000miles regardless!
    And then as with all cars of that type people try and make them faster but dont have a clue how to do it so they do the easy thing...wind the boast right up and then...BANG...

Anyway thats why you hear of probs with the turbo model, but as i said a well looked after and properly set up Tubby will be as reliable as any other car out there....
    And a properly set up and tuned turbo MR2 will fly, ask Pete he knows as he went in m ine a few times...

8. Re: My New Car 
    Yep, t'was most quick, very nice

P

9. Re: My New Car 
    Mega looking car m8

10. Re: My New Car 
    Diamond Member
    Have you thought about Kitting it out as a Ferrari?? http://www.extreme-sportscars.com/home.htm
    it is just a case of swapping body panels and away you go.