Notices

Thread: Quiet forum and ex members???

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. Quiet forum and ex members??? 
    Not sure what response I'll get if any,but was wondering whats going on with all the ex members showing recently and the somewhat lackluster posts.I really want this to be a forum where I can spend some time posting and come to meets etc,but if it's constantly dead there doesnt seem to be point really.This is not meant as a winge or an attack on the forum,so please if I do get any response please dont shoot me dead.
    Ray.

2. Re: Quiet forum and ex members??? 
    Due to some conflicts of late, some members decided to leave and subsequently some have returned hence the ex members, and some who you may have not heard of coming back. We all want this forum to work and get back to how it used to be when it started. If you look in the meets section we are trying to arrange a ride out and there is a vote for the best date thread.

It'll only be quet if people dont post and dont turn up to meets etc so thats why we all need to make the effort.

3. Re: Quiet forum and ex members??? 
    Diamond Member
    This forum is going through a "period of change" I think is the best way to describe it. The forum started up a year ago and for the first six months or so there were a lot more posts happening, rideouts taking place (organised forum ones, and smaller groups going to local bike meets), etc...

However, in the latter part of the year things changed on the forum that meant for various reasons people left. These reasons will vary from individual to individual.

Things have changed again within the last week or so and I believe the main aim of Dabz at the moment is to take it back to the "old days" of the forum. You will see already that some of the original members have returned back and as time goes by I'm sure you will see a lot more threads starting and people contributing to these.

By all means, feel free to start your own threads like you have done with this one..... in the past you'll see that there was a fair bit of banter happening within threads so I hope you're up for some of this!

4. Re: Quiet forum and ex members??? 
    Thanks for the reply m8,just seems like the ex members are also trying to encourage new members over to another forum(not mentioning names).I will post on the meets thread and hopefully will see you soon.
    Ray.

5. Re: Quiet forum and ex members??? 
    I'm always up for a bit of banter m8,which will probably happen when I post up the pictures of my old fzr400 when she's back together

6. Re: Quiet forum and ex members??? 
    Diamond Member
    Ray, unfortunately we know about them trying do this, and there isn't a huge amount that can be done to stop it really.

At the end of the day, it's your time and if you want to read both forums then that's your prerogative, but hopefully this one will slowly take up more of your time!

7. Re: Quiet forum and ex members??? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott W
    Ray, unfortunately we know about them trying do this, and there isn't a huge amount that can be done to stop it really.

At the end of the day, it's your time and if you want to read both forums then that's your prerogative, but hopefully this one will slowly take up more of your time!
    I totally understand that m8,I have spent some time on the other forum and to be honest I prefer it on here,lets just hope that it can get back to how you say it used to be with plenty of posts and rideouts/meets.

8. Re: Quiet forum and ex members??? 
    in time I think everything will be good It's also winter still which probably isn't helping - people aren't out and about on 2 wheels as much as in the spring and summer months
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

9. Re: Quiet forum and ex members??? 
    Platinum Member
    I flipping would be if it wasn't for all this damn rain!!!! lol!!!

10. Re: Quiet forum and ex members??? 
    As soon as nutz4bikes in Trowbridge get my chain and sprocket set in, then I'll be up and running again.