Notices

Thread: Intercom systems

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Intercom systems 
    Never got in to CB but I always thought what a friendly lot, asking everyone back for a coffee until I found out they were asking for a copy! :
    It's all about the ride!

2. Re: Intercom systems 
    Sue600
    rofl ;D ;D

3. Re: Intercom systems 
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman
    Anyone using an intercom system on here? Not the rider to passenger system but to another rider? I thought it would be great on rideouts if several bikers can communicate. Any thoughts or ideas welcome.
    Mine tends to be at full volume, and goes something like....

'WHAT?'
    'SHUT UP WOMAN I AM TRYING TO CONCENTRATE ON THE ROAD!'

oh you meant bike to bike, and not rider to pillion, sorry my bad!
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

4. Re: Intercom systems 
    Platinum Member
    Haha,you crack me up Hunar! ;D

5. Re: Intercom systems 
    Sue600
    Got to test out Graeme's bike to bike headset last night. Very impressed!! Absolutely perfect at slower speeds, and much better than the training school ones I used on my DAS which were a little crackly. Have a bit of a noisy helmet so although the sound was still really clear at higher speeds, the volume could have done with being higher. Think it may not have helped with my earpiece being set into a little cubby-hole in my helmet instead of being flush against my ear (as it would be in my other helmet).

Ideal though. Would really consider this one (wish I could remember what it was... help me out Graeme) Was handy, the scala module off his headset fitted straight onto my scala headset I have for my satnav. Would be a godsend when going through unfamiliar towns and save the 3 stooges look at traffic lights.. pointing and waving wondering which way to go!!!

6. Re: Intercom systems 
    Diamond Member
    It's the Scala Rider Q2 Sue - supposed to have a 500 metre range which we didn't really test last night. I have a Schuberth S1 lid which is very quiet and suits the intercom so I'm OK up to about 70 or 80mph. My son's lid is also a Schuberth (although the more sportier version) which is also reasonably quiet so I can natter with him when he's pillion. Works the same with SatNav, Phone, MP3 but also has inbuilt FM radio if you're into that kind of thing.

I bought mine from the US on the internet since the dollar/pound exchange rate is so good it's worth the wait. You still have to pay VAT but for the two I bought I still saved 60 quid.

7. Re: Intercom systems 
    Sue600
    Thanks Graeme, think I might be upgrading mine ;D

8. Re: Intercom systems 
    Myself i have an autocom kit under the seat which has:
    Phone link, MP3 Player link, Intercom radio for bike to bike.
    x 2 Headset sockets with microphones.

Ideal for a ride out as mp3 player volume goes quiet when on phone or talking via bike to bike or rider to pillion.

Not that I've had to use bike to bike yet or rider to pillion. I just enjoy the music...