Notices

Thread: Intercom systems

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Intercom systems 
    Platinum Member
    Anyone using an intercom system on here? Not the rider to passenger system but to another rider? I thought it would be great on rideouts if several bikers can communicate. Any thoughts or ideas welcome.

2. Re: Intercom systems 
    Can I be rubber duck if we are going to have a convoy.

You'll be able to hear *&^%$^$$^%$ as they slide off at roundabouts because of the diesel.

3. Re: Intercom systems 
    Platinum Member
    [quote author=Kevinb link=1214322061/0#1 date=1214323627]Can I be rubber duck if we are going to have a convoy.

Haha,you must be an Ex CB buddy then! Days gone by when CB was all the rage before the "World Wide Web" popped up.

4. Re: Intercom systems 
    Sue600
    LOL, used to have CB radio years ago... on FM before they tried to encourage everyone to use AM.

I'd like to know which bike to bike radios work well too, not really heard any brilliant comments about any of them so far. (unless you pay extortionate prices)

5. Re: Intercom systems 
    A80's from Intaride ain't bad.........

http://www.intaride.com/index.html

Tried n tested n relatively cheap

6. Re: Intercom systems 
    Platinum Member
    "RE03",thanks for that info mate.Will check it out.

7. Re: Intercom systems 
    Platinum Member
    "Ten Four Good budy"! A few ex Cbers here then,eh! Must admit,we had a lot of new friends made on the airwaves.Only problem was,bleary eyes after all night chats which never seemed to end! I used to study the "Good CB Budy" book to get all the latest lingo and sound authentic on the air! ;D Even had our own mini convoys with big 7 foot antenas stuck on the car rooftops! lol

8. Re: Intercom systems 
    yep an ex cb`er here too lol , thought they were brilliant fun, and might be good fun on a ride out too

9. Re: Intercom systems 
    Platinum Member
    Ok,the votes in.Bring back CB radio! Apart from the "bucket mouths" and "Mike key'ers",I'm not sure how it sort of fizzled out and everyone stopped selling them! :-? Anyway, I'm going to invest in a 2 way system so on rideouts I can at least shout " Help,I can't keep up with you! :-/"

10. Re: Intercom systems 
    Sue600
    Thanks for the link RE03... added to my shopping list, just what I've been looking for.