Notices

Thread: Guitars and Rock n Roll

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Guitars and Rock n Roll 
    I play drums, good for aggression ;D

Guitar is cool tho... always handy to have one floating about at a party!

2. Re: Guitars and Rock n Roll 
    Platinum Member
    Yeh,drums are cool too Tubz. Being in a band or jamming as one of the lads or lassies is great when it comes together! Only problem is that after years of standing to the right of drummers I've got tinittis in my left ear! :-[ Now I'm riding bikes again that's only going to add to it!lol, so must get some ear defenders!
    later....

3. Re: Guitars and Rock n Roll 
    Platinum Member
    A Euphonium! Is that like a trumpet but inflated like.Part of the brass section I believe. I think all "real" music is great regardless of what you play. Incidentally I've played a banjo and also keyboards and each has its' uses!
    Being scottish I fancied learning the Accordian but could not get on with the bellows!
    Ill stick to my guitar as my No.1 instrument,so versatile and seductive!

4. Re: Guitars and Rock n Roll 
    when the finances sort themselves out, I intend to learn the drums myself, already got the OK from the GF to have a drum kit in the living room, just need the money now ;D ;D ;D
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

5. Re: Guitars and Rock n Roll 
    Platinum Member
    Hunar, what about electronic drums? Can play quiet as well as add gates and reverb. Expensive though and then there's the hefty speaker cabs to consider.Nothing like bare skin so I suppose real acoustic drums win then! Just make sure it's got a good kick (bass drum) because playing live so much I get to hear some great kits and the kick has to punch to augment the bass player to "move me"! Of course you can always drop in a mic and sub bass it in the backline. Tubz sounds like the woman with experience in that department so maybe he'll share his views and recommendations?

6. Re: Guitars and Rock n Roll 
    HE!!! im a gurl <sob> :'(

electric drums are great, i had some... but if u wear headphones whilst u play it will drive everyone nuts as the sound of them are awful to other people- but hey who cares if you are making good tunes.

I quite fancy pullin them out the loft now ;D

7. Re: Guitars and Rock n Roll 
    Platinum Member
    Hey Tubz,I'm sorry. I just noticed your gender sign.My assumption.I've ammended my "man" and added"wo".lol Must look out for the tiny wee signs there! regarding drums maybe you invite Hunar round to get a feel of the drums?Just a thought!
    Mandy my lass,I'm from Leith,Edinburgh! Been involved with the military brought me to RAF Lyneham,hence Swindon, and I've sort of stayed here ever since!
    Scotland does have some great biking routes with miles of empty clean tarmac to burn up the glen! I find Wiltshire suffocating with too many cars and some badly maintained roads.Never payed too much attention untill I got back on my bike! Hopefully some of the experienced bikers on here know some great rideouts I aint discovered yet!

8. Re: Guitars and Rock n Roll 
    bikerbabe
    i know leith very well my daughters dad was from there i was born in rutherglen in glasgow i know what you mean about to many cars in swindon i used to live there for a bit and my bike got nicked from there as well so dont like the place that much

9. Re: Guitars and Rock n Roll 
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman
    A Euphonium! Is that like a trumpet but inflated like.Part of the brass section I believe. I think all "real" music is great regardless of what you play. Incidentally I've played a banjo and also keyboards and each has its' uses!
    Being scottish I fancied learning the Accordian but could not get on with the bellows!
    Ill stick to my guitar as my No.1 instrument,so versatile and seductive!
    Yeah like a trumpet but inflated by quite a bit. when I was at school playing, it was actually bigger than me ;D was good fun though!

10. Re: Guitars and Rock n Roll 
    I had an electric drum kit for a while, it defintiely drives people mad if you have the headphones on! Great sounds through a good speaker, but just didn't have the feel of a real skin. Perfect solution for keeping neighbours happy though!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers