Notices

Thread: A friend in need....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: A friend in need.... 
    Diamond Member
    Iggy, you know where I live but give me a shout if you want details to get to mine. Weve got brain power but a bit of brawn is always usefull... (even if its just as a Tea boy!! LOL!!)

2. Re: A friend in need.... 
    Diamond Member
    damn you know my best skill...... ;D ;D

3. Re: A friend in need.... 
    Diamond Member
    Once again I have to express my extreme thanks to WB members for their help (+ A son or two!)

Today Thundebird (AKA Steve + James his son) & Calne Black Ninja (AKA Sam or should I say Storm Trooper!!) came round to my humble abode and managed to fire up the trike. After replacing the plugs, cleaning up the distributer and the contacts/points & a new battery, Graham, fired up even with stale old fuel!! After a dose on new fuel it was running as sweet as a nut!! 8-) We then started to strip the brakes and found the rear ones were shot BUT T.Bird is now un-seizing them (with luck!) CBN was set to task on spagetti junction and did a great job, especially when the horn scared the poop out of us when he gave it a big hoot!!

Jeremy my son was useful as a gopher when needed (tho once again I do appologise for his lack of tea making skills!)

Im never amazed at peoples generosity when it come to helping a fellow biker/triker/mate!

Cheers guys.... I owe you both a BIG favour or at least a pint!!!!

Iggy, a decent tea maker WOULD of been usefull! ;D James... I will try to find you a Homer coffee mug like te one that amused you so much today!!! ;D

All Ive got to do is sort out the gear box and find out where they are, then.... 8-) :

MOT here I come!!!

4. Re: A friend in need.... 
    Diamond Member
    Well that sounds good then, good luck on the rest of the build

5. Re: A friend in need.... 
    Diamond Member
    T.bird managed to un-seize the master cylinder with WD, a blow torch and compressed air!!! The seals look good so its all speed a head.

He came over for a while today and we managed to start stripping the rear brakes but seized nipples (painfull) meant we had to stop + the fact the shoes were disintergrating (LITURALLY!). So we decided to change the oil & filter which went ok until it started raining!! It must of looked a bizarre sight with 3 people on one side trying to get all the oil out & me under a ferrari umbrella trying to catch the oil & stay dry!! I in fact blame James for the rain today as he cleaned the fromt wheel rim from oily grey to signs of chrome!! He did it with a tooth brush! You been training him Sam! ;D

My favourite quote of the day came from a little girl passing the house who piped up... "Look Mummy! Thats a funny looking motorbike!!" ;D

(Ps. Just had the guy come round for the spare axel and gave me £20 as we took off the slave cylinders etc! Blast! I forgot to mention the leak in the shaft that meant all the oil from the differential was seeping out!!! : Git said when I get bored of Graham he'd have him >)

6. Re: A friend in need.... 
    Platinum Member
    yes rain stopped play but with seized bleed nipples no linings left on the shoes we were never going to get to far without some new parts,wise move removing the slave cylinders and fixings from the old axle they may come in usefull later,if your not able to get parts locally andrew i have had a look ebay and there are new brake shoes + fixing kit on there. cheers steve

7. Re: A friend in need.... 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 6T
    i have had a look ebay and there are new brake shoes + fixing kit on there. cheers steve
    How much are they so I can mention it to my guy in W.Bassett.

I will alway haggle for a better deal! :

8. Re: A friend in need.... 
    Platinum Member
    brake shoes were £20.50 but £7.50 is postage cost.the fixings kits were £8.50 +postage

9. Re: A friend in need.... 
    Diamond Member
    I presume thats the price to do both sides!!

10. Re: A friend in need.... 
    Platinum Member
    thats the price for both sides on the shoes and fixing kits,they also have a pair of new slave cylinders for £12.99+£1.50pp