Notices

Thread: A friend in need....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. A friend in need.... 
    Diamond Member
    Theres an old saying "A friend in need is a friend in deed" (tho some say A friend in need is a pain in the aRsE)

I just want to say a huge THANK YOU to Mar1k for helping me get "Graham" my new trike from Cat (you can still have visiting rights!) in Trowbridge to my home in Calne.

I was let down by a friend in Melksham as his car tax disc hadnt come thru (Change of classification) which meant Mar1k stepped in at the 11th hour to help me out.

This was really kind as he came from Bradford on Avon to do the trip then off to work in Bristol.... a bit of a detour!

Its things like this that revive your faith in human nature!

Cheers buddy!

Andrew

2. Re: A friend in need.... 
    niceone Mar1k! So then where are these photos??? Looking forward to seeing a photo diary of you sorting this out and getting it on the road!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

3. Re: A friend in need.... 
    Diamond Member
    Box brownie wasnt playing ball yesterday! > Went to Arrow Tyres to get a quote to sort out the rear brakes (£100+/-) as they arent working. This is despite pushing the trike with difficulty with the hand brake on.... (it was in gear!!) :

4. Re: A friend in need.... 
    Platinum Member
    was good of mar1k to do that for you andrew theres not to many people that will put there self out these days,as dabs said it will be good to see some pics.best of luck with bringing the old trike back to the road, spend wisely anything old can soon become a money pit if your not carefull,if you need any help or advise give me a shout.cheers steve

5. Re: A friend in need.... 
    mar1k is obviously a good guy! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

6. Re: A friend in need.... 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 6T
    if you need any help or advise give me a shout.cheers steve
    Funny you should say that as you were on my list of people to have a word with! Pal, mate, buddy, amigo!!

7. Re: A friend in need.... 
    glad you got trike home safe, visiting rights sounds great, when you're finished i'll need to take a peek to see how it turned out.

8. Re: A friend in need.... 
    bikerbabe
    i am also looking forward to seeing your hard work and effort's with this trike

9. Re: A friend in need.... 
    Diamond Member
    Another friend is coming to my aid this weekend! Thunderbird (Steve) & his son James, have offered to come over on Saturday to help try and fire up the engine!! Coffee and bacon butties are available to anyone else who wants to join in - many hands make light work etc! If your good with electrics this would be a HUGE help! PM me for details!

Thanks

Andrew

10. Re: A friend in need.... 
    Diamond Member
    I think I might have to see what I am doing, I might need a laugh by Sat.