Notices

Thread: Starbucks...they don't care

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Starbucks...they don't care 
    Platinum Member
    On another note at least they replied and explained their reasons and that they support no side to any conflict etc. Most places don't even write back!

I also say this as an Ex service man who also still has friends serving and also has fallen friends.

Just because a company tells you thier views your going to avoid them - but those who didn't write back or possibly sent some goodies may be supporting the other side but decide not to say.

Yes it's my day off tomorrow and I will probably get one - at least I know their moneys not going to support terrorism!

2. Re: Starbucks...they don't care 
    ONFIRE
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    On another note at least they replied and explained their reasons and that they support no side to any conflict etc. Most places don't even write back!
    Unlike GW's ;D ;D ;D

3. Re: Starbucks...they don't care 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ONFIRE
    [quote author=Davey link=1237893703/0#10 date=1238010764]On another note at least they replied and explained their reasons and that they support no side to any conflict etc. Most places don't even write back!
    Unlike GW's ;D ;D ;D[/quote]

Nah they sent a pot of nescafe and a picture of a bike seat saying 'bet you wish you were here!'

4. Re: Starbucks...they don't care 
    Platinum Member
    Just to confirm I did go and by no means mean I'm any less patriotic nor do I support our troops any less [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

5. Re: Starbucks...they don't care 
    Platinum Member
    Being Ex military and having had my son serve in Iraq and Afghanistan I can see both sides. I can see how a company would act nonchalent regards such issues,however I will not get into a debate or offer a view regards politics!

6. Re: Starbucks...they don't care 
    Seems a bit OTT of star bucks to actually send that. But you have to remember Starbucks is also an American company and that reply sounded very american. So there you go, but that also suprises me considering America thinks they're the only people in these conflicts :

7. Re: Starbucks...they don't care 
    Platinum Member
    I don't support all the conflicts, but I totally support all our troops who lay their lives on the line for the rest of us (my brother is in Afghanistan right now).

I went to the US this year and I was suprised by the way the troops over there are supported e.g. flags flying from houses/shops and banners saying "support out troops".

I think we should support our troops more over here.
    The accomodation looks appauling in some cases and the way we support the injured and families of the dead is pretty bad in some cases too.

We should also value their lives more carefully before sending them into every conflict zone and getting involved in every conflict.

8. Re: Starbucks...they don't care 
    I'm sorry if it sounds like I wanted a political debate , I don't, no offense is intended either to anyone but I just wanted to put this out there & let people think/respond as they felt fit as I was very suprised when told of this.

9. Re: Starbucks...they don't care 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kes2463
    I'm sorry if it sounds like I wanted a political debate , I don't, no offense is intended either to anyone but I just wanted to put this out there & let people think/respond as they felt fit as I was very suprised when told of this.
    I wasn't looking for a debate and understand where you were coming from - I decided to make light of it by going there, as when I was out serving we sent the letters and got similar responses from other companies.

As I said at least they took the time and responded most don't! Even if its not an answer they wanted - but in this current climate its best to sit on the fence as they have done and support no-one.

10. Re: Starbucks...they don't care 
    ..sit on the fence? rubbish! I'd support Jeremy Clarkson for PM any day..