Notices

Thread: help needed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: help needed 
    Quote Originally Posted by igbell
    You can do it yourself still at the mo (will be changing in the law soon), you can buy from Tow-Sure or places like that, they arent difficult to fix to the car and come with great instructions, but some you have to cut the bumper so watch out for those ones, I went for a non-cut one so that I could get better money for the Passat if I flogged it as some peeps dont like to see the bumper cut up.
    The only reason I didnt do it myself was that I got a good deal through My old man through a gent called Bob Eagle, who is a mobile fitter, I will try and find the info for you, I dont have it to hand at work sorry.
    Also the other reason I didnt do it is that Electrics and me dont mix. ;D ;D

thx mate,

i have been quoted between £354-£420 fully fitted with electrics factory fitted and warrenty is 3 yrs. bloody hell its only a bloody bit of metal lol

2. Re: help needed 
    Do Audi not do an optional one that goes on the already placed bulk head, not sure how hold the car is but some companies have optional ones you can buy which and they just go right on.

3. Re: help needed 
    Quote Originally Posted by noisy_lightning
    Do Audi not do an optional one that goes on the already placed bulk head, not sure how hold the car is but some companies have optional ones you can buy which and they just go right on.
    good thinking, didnt think of that i will call them now, its an audi S4 05 plate, maybe swap it for a A4 Sline TDI better pulling power (trailor) lol.

4. Re: help needed 
    Quote Originally Posted by noisy_lightning
    audi wanted £1000 for their towbar sod that.

karl

5. Re: help needed 
    ONFIRE
    Quote Originally Posted by karl636
    [quote author=noisy_lightning link=1240774077/0#11 date=1240825550]Do Audi not do an optional one that goes on the already placed bulk head, not sure how hold the car is but some companies have optional ones you can buy which and they just go right on.

karl
    [/quote]

Have the same problem with my ML might as well get a cheap van at that price :-/

6. Re: help needed 
    Quote Originally Posted by ONFIRE
    [quote author=karl636 link=1240774077/0#13 date=1240859481][quote author=noisy_lightning link=1240774077/0#11 date=1240825550]Do Audi not do an optional one that goes on the already placed bulk head, not sure how hold the car is but some companies have optional ones you can buy which and they just go right on.

karl
    [/quote]

Have the same problem with my ML might as well get a cheap van at that price :-/[/quote]

ok decided to keep audi now and just borrow my brothers range rover and hire a trailer for £15 per day.

karl

7. Re: help needed 
    Diamond Member
    furry muff.....

8. Re: help needed 
    Diamond Member
    Just had a look on tow sure for your car and it is £312 for all the bits, then you have to fit it.

9. Re: help needed 
    Diamond Member
    karl, give me a shout, ive fitted tow bars before......

Scotty, that made me laugh, well spotted.... ;D

jaydee.