Notices

Thread: laser eye surgery

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: laser eye surgery 
    Platinum Member
    My Gramps had his catoracks removed by laser if this helps!!! lol ;D

2. Re: laser eye surgery 
    I can't see anything without glasses and when I bought the MT-01 I had to upgrade the Labrador to a Greyhound :

3. Re: laser eye surgery 
    I want to get mine done, hate having to wear glasses (in the processes of booking an appointment to get contacts). bubblelittleme - the cutting really puts me off, I'm very squeamish :P what's it like?
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

4. Re: laser eye surgery 
    I have seen videos of this being done and shown on daytime TV. It doesnt look too bad, there are probably some on youtube you can watch.

5. Re: laser eye surgery 
    Diamond Member
    Dabz i am aswell i hate things like that normaly, but the more expencive one they dont cut u at all the laser dose the cutting, they numb your eyes, people i know that have had it done say u cant feel a thing, as i said i hate the thought of it, the thought how gr8 its guna be when its done after overides my worries

6. Re: laser eye surgery 
    I had mine done in 2005. It cost £1200 for both eyes. I had Lasik at Optimax in Southampton.

The procedure was painless, but did feel a little chlosterphobic. The apply pressure to your eye until it goes numb and a little device does the cutting of the flap. The laser is quite noisy but resets itself if you move your eye. Very clever.

I had it done to join the police. My prescription before was -5.50 and I had better than 20/20 vision for a while. My prescription was still changing though, and I need to wear daily lenses again 4 years on, but my script is now -1.0 so loads better.

The after effects = I was immediately light sensitive and in a lot of pain, but this varies from person to person. After a few hours sleep in a dark room and some painkillers I was fine. I suffer 'haloing' now though and have been told that I have scar tissue on my eyes, but nothing that I'm that bothered with.

Good luck 8-)

7. Re: laser eye surgery 
    Platinum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-TUMw1FTmY - this is like the surgery I had.
    They numb your eyes with drops, it is nerve racking but painfree. For 6 hrs it felt like I had put a contact lens in inside out so slightly uncomfortable. My vision now having worn glasses for 40 yrs is incredible! I can only describe it as 'seeing a fine pen line instead of a felt tip line' I can read number plates miles away it seems lol

The laser doing the flap costs an extra £1000 and the difference after 24hrs is nil. I was told the manual flap cut isnt suitable for everyone tho.
    I was quoted £2400 for laser flap...I paid £1250 for manual flap

8. Re: laser eye surgery 
    Platinum Member
    They did say they dont like operating on eyes of people younger than 25 and they must have had a stable prescription for at least 3 years!

I know 7 people who have had it done between 2003 and now and all said best thing they ever did. All are still free of glasses.

9. Re: laser eye surgery 
    Diamond Member
    yeah they had to check my back prescriptions cos being only 21 but its been stable for many years

10. Re: laser eye surgery 
    Platinum Member
    Hi Ryan,

Can you let me know all about it.
    What type you're having? which company? What the procedure was like, what the short term pain was like and of course the result.

I am considering getting it done this year, so would be interested to hear how it goes.