Notices

Thread: Iphone Issues any help Welcome

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Iphone Issues any help Welcome 
    I really need help, al of a sudden my Iphone 3G wont make any outgoing calls this only started yesterday but I can't seem to figure out why. It looks like its going to make a call then comes up call failed. I can do everything else like text and email but calls its just not interested in.

Any one got any ideas on what the hell is going on or do I have to release some whoop ass on Apple?? >

2. Re: Iphone Issues any help Welcome 
    Diamond Member
    Sorry to say this but have you done a hard reboot??

IE taken the batt and sim out for over a minute and then plugged it all back in again??

3. Re: Iphone Issues any help Welcome 
    Ummm Iphone's have integrated batteries that aren't removeable I think I might need to recover it with my computer which I really don't want to do

Bloody technology >

4. Re: Iphone Issues any help Welcome 
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallButCute22
    Ummm Iphone's have integrated batteries that aren't removeable I think I might need to recover it with my computer which I really don't want to do

Bloody technology >
    I don't have one myself, however after speaking to my friend who does,

There are two things you can do, the first one is a reboot of the iphone itself

"press and hold the 'home' button (on the front) and the 'power/wake' button (on the top) until it reboots"

he also says if you sync the thing with itunes, it should perform a backup of the content (numbers, photos etc on your phone) or you can at least trigger a backup.

Then restore the phone back to factory settings in itunes, and restore the backup.

Also try looking on the forums at www.macrumors.com if any of these dont work.

Hope it works

5. Re: Iphone Issues any help Welcome 
    God damn it its still screwed.....did reboot twice and restored to factory settings and backed up and it still doesnt want to make calls.....I may go and cry now :'(

Looks like I need to be making a call to O2/Apple >

6. Re: Iphone Issues any help Welcome 
    Apple have shocking customer service, if you have not had it long, get into an O2 store and make them replace it!

7. Re: Iphone Issues any help Welcome 
    can you change the network selection and make it connect to gsm only? if the 3g in your area is gone wrong 2g is still up cause you can send texts.

8. Re: Iphone Issues any help Welcome 
    glad I'm not the only person to be having iphone issues on these forums...mind you mine are all self-inflicted - I've unlocked mine and kailbroken it so it's on Orange rather than o2, so had a few teething probs with orange data etc
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

9. Re: Iphone Issues any help Welcome 
    Getting to an O2 store is a big issue at the moment due to work and other commitments, i'd love to ring O2 but well my phone doesn't make outgoing calls lol. Stoopid phone. >

10. Re: Iphone Issues any help Welcome 
    Diamond Member
    Try this..

1) Go to Settings > General > Date and Time. Switch off “Set Automatically” and manually select your hometown (the default is Cupertino). If you dont change it, you will not be able to make outgoing calls. But the wierd part is, you will still be able to receive incoming calls. Once done, manually set the date and time, and restart your iPhone. If you want, you can reset the 2 settings to “Set Automatically” again.

2) Next, go to Settings > Phone > Show My Caller ID > Switch this to “ON”. Usually with these steps, things should be okay already. If not, you have to turn off “Call Forwarding” and “Call Waiting” as well.