Notices

Thread: Job Advice Needed

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Job Advice Needed 
    Platinum Member
    good luck mate, wish you all the best [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

2. Re: Job Advice Needed 
    Good Luck with that Ian........don't forget to send a cheque to the 'smallbutcute22 is poor charity fund' ;D

3. Re: Job Advice Needed 
    ONFIRE
    Quote Originally Posted by IanTasker
    Well after speaking to numerous people and taking advice off you guys i think im gonna take the plunge and stick with contracting. I've thought about nothing else since Monday and have based my decision pretty much purely on money I can earn way over double the amount i'd be earning as a permy and if i didn't do it i think i'd really regret it and all i'd be able to think about would be "I could be earning double this!". Will be moving down Reading way within a month or two i think
    Well done...Like I said you will not regret it [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

4. Re: Job Advice Needed 
    Contracting's a good way to go if you're young and have no commitments, you could pay off the car and /or bike finance and stash some away for later on. The drawbacks are if you want or need any time off work due to holidays, sickness, trackdays, injuries sustained from flipping a wheelie...
    Best of luck with it..
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

5. Re: Job Advice Needed 
    God your not full of the most positive advice lol (appreciate a different opinion tho pal cheers).

I worked out i earn more in 6 months after tax (a considerable amount more) contracting than i can in a year doing permy so that was pretty much my mind made up. The other points you mention are all massive worries but i intend on saving as much as possible so should i need to i still have enough cash to get by.